News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Open Treasure Chests

Started by Chrono, November 29, 2011, 07:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrono

I don't know if this has already been suggested, but how does this sound:

If a treasure chest has already been opened, it should indicate that so we don't have to click on the chest again to check if there's still something inside.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

Ertxiem

You mean that the image of an open chest would be different from the image of a closed (locked) chest, right?
I think it's a good idea.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Chrono

Quote from: Ertxiem on November 30, 2011, 03:29:43 AM
You mean that the image of an open chest would be different from the image of a closed (locked) chest, right?

Yeah, you see it a lot in most successful RPGs out there. Anyone else up for the idea? (Sorry, I forgot to make it a poll)

[/spoiler]

SmartyPants

Maybe it is because I don't reopen empty chests often, but I prefer the more realistic approach.  One can't know a chest is empty until one looks.

Chrono

Quote from: SmartyPants on December 02, 2011, 11:32:49 AM
Maybe it is because I don't reopen empty chests often, but I prefer the more realistic approach.
Maybe you can't reopen empty chests in most games because chests that you open remain open.

Well, jokes aside...

Quote from: SmartyPants on December 02, 2011, 11:32:49 AM
One can't know a chest is empty until one looks.
You're missing the point. I want something that can help players keep track of their progress. While your point may be true, I'm talking about a chest that's been opened by the player, not a chest that's meant to be empty.

[/spoiler]