News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Solid State Shield Removal

Started by SmartyPants, December 07, 2011, 04:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

When I want the path that Solid State Shield blocks to open up, I have to have Set waste a bunch of PsP to put up Solid State Shield in a place that won't help me.  Can there be a way to get rid of Solid State Shield without creating a new one or waiting for the enemy to destroy it?  

Maybe give Set a Removal attack?
Maybe treat Solid State Shield as a character thats only attack is disappearing?

ArtDrake

(I'm not sure that you want my advice in this area, but as an amateur programmer and from my limited minimal understanding of Craig's battle engine and the flexibilities and inflexibilities thereof, but methinks the latter would be nigh impossible to do. However, nothing of what I know forbids the former from being coded.)

Ertxiem

As I see it, the 2nd option (give the solid state shield a disappearing attack) would be the easiest one to implement, with the advantage of Set not loosing a turn.
However, I think that the 1st option is the more reasonable one, even if it may be harder to implement, because the removal attack would be "disabled" if the solid state shield was destroyed by enemies.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.