News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Let's Play Thread!

Started by CraigStern, January 01, 2012, 11:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

I've started seeing some playthrough videos of TSoG popping up, so I figured now would be a good time to post an official thread listing all known Let's Plays of the game as they arrive.

If you find any, please post them here. (And of course, if you want to make your own, please do and post that here as well!)

UPDATE: I've just tried out XSplit, which is currently in public beta and therefore free to use without a license. It's really quite excellent; I'd recommend it to anyone looking to do a Let's Play. How to use XSplit:

1) Download the program.
2) Install it and register. Open the program.
3) Go to File > Add Screen Region.
4) Click and drag a red box over the portion of the screen you want to record.
5) Tinker with the settings (Tools > General Settings) until you get something that works well. Here are the settings I'm using:

• General: Make XSplit a layered window (this keeps XSplit from recording itself).
  • Channels: Select LocalRecording and hit the Edit button. Make sure you're recording at the highest quality (20), with 44.1 kbps audio and a bitrate of 96000. Otherwise, leave it at the default.
6) Go over to the View drop-down and select a resolution (suggested: 800 x 600 or higher, with a 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio) and frame rate (suggested: 30 fps or 60 fps).
7) To start recording, go to the Broadcast drop-down and click Local recording. It will begin recording an flv, showing whatever is beneath XSplit. Obviously, you'll want that to be the game window.
8) Tab over to the game window and start playing! When you want to stop recording, open up XSplit again and click Local recording once more; the recording will stop and there will be an flv file saved in your Videos folder under "XSplit Recordings."

ArtDrake

It hadn't even occurred to me! I've got a channel for LPing, but the problem is that I've promised to finish my Minicraft LP and then start my Super Hostile LPs, and I'm not sure where I would fit TRPG:SOG in, so I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to join them with their LPing, but I would if I could.

Dayn

I plan to do a let's play of the game once it comes out.

CraigStern

It seems the two Let's Plays posted above have petered out. If anyone starts a Let's Play and sticks with it, let me know and I'll add it to the list.

ArtDrake

Now that I'm down to two LPs, I want to be at three, and I think I know just the game! I'll let you know if I start it and stick with it.

CraigStern

Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing it. :)

The Holy namelesskitty

Guess what? I've decided after absolutely no careful consideration (how else have I ever decided) to make a LP, it should be up soon-ish

BONUS! my gender will finally be revealed
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

It's good to see that someone else is doing it. I feel kind of bad about saying I was going to do it, and then not, but even though this might sound like just another bad excuse, I wasn't (and still am not quite) ready to LP the game. I want to be a better commentator than I am now when I do this game, so I make no promises or commitments of any sort yet.

Hey, namelesskitty! Do you want any help with the technical stuffs?

The Holy namelesskitty

YES!  I've been trying to fit sound over image files and it's incredibly difficult with a mac. I've almost had a breakthrough but I will probably need some help in the future

edit: nevermind, I got it working, it should be up quite soon, I'll post a link in my sig and here

edit: here's the link to my first videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

CraigStern

Hey, what software are you using to capture the screen? It's got a big fat "Demo Mode" watermark over everything.

ArtDrake

Namelesskitty's using Screenflow, but apparently not the full version, which costs a hundred dollars. It's got automatic uploading to YouTube, so he didn't know about the watermark until it went up, not getting a chance to review the footage. Quite miffed when it "effed up his video."

The Holy namelesskitty

actually, I got to review it, but until I clicked the upload button, there was no watermark.
It worked great until then. but after four hours of work when I saw that I nearly punched my screen out, no kidding

was the commentary okay? didn't want to offend you but it was meant to be funny.

ArtDrake

To me, it was funny, yeah. I watch the videos of a guy called PauseUnpause, and he drops the F-bomb every five sentences or so. I was mostly pointing out that you can't really say that your swear words are poop and farts when you've just used real swear words.

The Holy namelesskitty

well, that's part of the joke, but I get it.

CraigStern

I was entertained by the commentary--you definitely need to find something with a less intrusive watermark, though!