News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

S.S. Nazi Flag U.S. Sniper Team

Started by Tastidian, February 09, 2012, 05:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

I think it is unlikely that a group of marines that big would pose infront of something that raciest unless that didn't know what it means.  My guess is that someone bought a "SS" flag to stand for "scout sniper" without relaizing it really stands for Hitler's "SS".

ArtDrake

I think that you might be surprised at the number of bigots and holocaust deniers out there. My uncle's boss is one of the latter, insisting that "it couldn't have been 6 million."

Steelfist

Holocaust deniers? Seriously? I wasn't aware they existed (Outside of Germany, where they try to pretend it never happened). I doubt there are many, so does that make me a Holocaust-denier denier?

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised at the number of bigots in the world. There aren't that many people on the forum, and we have a resident one, after all.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on February 09, 2012, 10:18:40 PMI think that you might be surprised at the number of bigots and holocaust deniers out there.
You honestly think that ten guys randomly assigned into a sniper team by the Marine Corps are all anti-semites who are supporting the SS.  I don't think most people even know what the SS flag looks.  I sure didn't.

Quote from: Duckling on February 09, 2012, 10:18:40 PMMy uncle's boss is one of the latter, insisting that "it couldn't have been 6 million."
The extermination of 6 million people is hard to believe, yet there is a ton of evidence to prove it happened.  The Holocaust is one of the most documented events in human history.  The Nazi bureaucracy were very good at keeping records about their atrocities.

Timman183

Quote from: SteelFist on February 10, 2012, 05:37:06 AM
Holocaust deniers? Seriously? I wasn't aware they existed (Outside of Germany, where they try to pretend it never happened). I doubt there are many, so does that make me a Holocaust-denier denier?

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised at the number of bigots in the world. There aren't that many people on the forum, and we have a resident one, after all.

no you'd be seriously surprised at how many holocaust deniers there are... its quite shocking

Ertxiem

To begin with, I think it's awful to use Nazi symbols.

But my main reason to post here is that I know a couple of Germans and none of them is a holocaust denier. So, claiming that in Germany they try to pretend the holocaust never happened is a big generalization.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

ArtDrake

Yeah, as far as I know, in Germany, it's more of an embarassment that they want to disassociate themselves from and move past, but not something they want to forget, cover up, or deny.