Games > TSoG

What are Spirits made of

(1/18) > >>

fourinone:

--- Quote from: Chocobo_Fan on February 24, 2012, 05:53:35 PM ---(Though actually, in that particular case, there's a very easy explanation: his spear is clearly spectral as well, so it makes sense that he is capable of interacting with it as if it were a normal object.)

--- End quote ---

If that's the case, then how is it that he's able to hurt living enemies with it? The same goes for the axes of ghost knights. Despite what it looks like on the sprite, I think it would make more sense if the spear were real, and he were handling it with telekinesis. (Though....if that were true, shouldn't his melee attack's damage be dependent on Psy Power rather than strength? After all, Duvalier's telekinetic capabilities are determined by Psy Power.....gah. What do you think?)

Edit: to change topic title. Ert.

Chocobo_Fan:
It seems like ghosts can influence aspects of the physical world, though. Baz mentions poltergeists in the first mission briefing. It's possible that his spear can partially solidify or transfer into the material world to harm opponents. Though the telekinesis theory would also work.

I do admit I am quite curious as to how Rajav's strength training works. How would it be different from his psy power? How can a ghost get stronger muscles? I really don't know. D:

fourinone:

--- Quote from: Chocobo_Fan on February 24, 2012, 07:53:06 PM ---It seems like ghosts can influence aspects of the physical world, though. Baz mentions poltergeists in the first mission briefing. It's possible that his spear can partially solidify or transfer into the material world to harm opponents. Though the telekinesis theory would also work.

I do admit I am quite curious as to how Rajav's strength training works. How would it be different from his psy power? How can a ghost get stronger muscles? I really don't know. D:

--- End quote ---

If I remember correctly, Baz is only aware of spirits because a psy-sensitive servant of his used to complain about them. Though, you may be right that spirits are at least somewhat tangible, seeing that they can be harmed with physical attacks and cannot fly through walls.

As for the strength training, I'm quite puzzled about it too, haha. But recall that Rahel can learn to counterattack after much strength training, the description saying that her reflexes have improved to a point where she can strike back quickly. It seems that the strength stat isn't all about raw power output. Perhaps Rajav isn't actually developing his muscles, but improving his technique.

SmartyPants:
I always imagined that spirits were like a highly dense liquid held together by the spirit's psy defense (mental integrity).  Physical attacks would not cause real damage to a spirit's liquid body, but it would disrupt the spirit's ability to hold itself together.  More powerful spirits have great enough control of their psy defense (mental integrity) that they would be unfazed by physical attacks.  The spirit weapons will be dense enough to cause damage to physical beings.

Ertxiem:
I like your description, SmartyPants. It makes sense.

(So much that I created a new topic. :) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version