Games > TSoG

What are Spirits made of

<< < (11/18) > >>

SmartyPants:

--- Quote from: Zackirus on March 17, 2012, 06:02:21 AM ---Another loophole: if Soul Charges are the 'spirits' of the undead, and spirits are a person's psy energy/power, then how can Duvalier, as Luca is just duvalier, revive people? Does their psy energy act as a mock-defibrillation? Furthermore, how can he revive non-Psy characters such as Qudssi, when he has no energy to speak of?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Craig's description of Soul Suck ---Soul Suck – an attack that siphons an enemy's psy defenses into raw psy energy usable by the attacker. For reasons that no one understands, an enemy can actually be killed by Soul Suck once its defenses collapse. When this happens, the attacker captures its energy, which becomes available for later use...
--- End quote ---
Based on the discription, the captured "energy" doesn't sound like a soul or spirit.  Since Craig has intentionally tried to make spirit techniques into enigmas, there is not much to go on when it comes to how reviving works.  My best guess is that a fitted soul charge (whatever it really is) jump starts the nervous system.
--- Quote from: CraigStern on March 01, 2010, 08:22:00 PM ---Does fate revive the main character? Or does it rewind time to give him a chance at a different outcome?
--- End quote ---
Another theory is that soul charges somehow have fate turn back time for the dead character.

--- Quote from: Zackirus on March 17, 2012, 06:02:21 AM ---Finally, I am personally for the Psy-Energy theory, as it is the more pratical one, yet their is not enough evidence to say one side over another is correct. And, if I may speak on the Dead People's behalf, I think that they find it werid that for all of TSoG you are led to believe that spirits are dead people, yet in this one book it says otherwise. It seems werid that Craig would add that little snippet in at the end.
--- End quote ---
That is how a discovery plot twist works.  TSoG allows the players to assume that spirits are dead people untill the twist after crypt 4 reveals that spirits have been creations of Duvalier's mind the whole time.   To ignore the The Spirit Within in TSoG is like assuming that Bruce Willis's character is still alive at the end of "The Sixth Sense".

--- Quote from: Ertxiem on March 17, 2012, 09:52:46 AM ---It seems to me that your point is that people are in denial about spirits being dead people, so let's convince them otherwise by saying that spirits are created by psy powers?!
--- End quote ---
There is no convincing some of these people.  It is impossible to argue with someone who choose to ignore the existence of evidence that proves them wrong.  They act like holocaust deniers and some global warming deniers.  When the facts say something they don't agree with, they choose to believe the facts were falsely created by conspirators.

Ertxiem:

--- Quote from: SmartyPants on March 17, 2012, 11:21:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: CraigStern on March 01, 2010, 08:22:00 PM ---Does fate revive the main character? Or does it rewind time to give him a chance at a different outcome?
--- End quote ---
Another theory is that soul charges somehow have fate turn back time for the dead character.

--- End quote ---
That works for the main character because we have to replay the battle (hopefully with success) but not for the other characters because they will not have the chance to relive the events that lead to their death.

Chocobo_Fan:

--- Quote from: SmartyPants on March 17, 2012, 11:21:29 PM ---There is no convincing some of these people.  It is impossible to argue with someone who choose to ignore the existence of evidence that proves them wrong.  They act like holocaust deniers and some global warming deniers.  When the facts say something they don't agree with, they choose to believe the facts were falsely created by conspirators.

--- End quote ---
By all means, feel free to compare your opponents to holocaust deniers, that doesn't reflect badly on you at all. =_=

The point at which you are saying such ludicrous things is the point at which you need to take some time off from this discussion, I think. You are taking this far too seriously.

SmartyPants:
Chocobo_Fan, further proves my point by not contributing anything to the discussion.  Lacking any rational counterpoint, s/he decides to directly criticize me instead.

--- Quote from: Ertxiem on March 18, 2012, 03:47:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: SmartyPants on March 17, 2012, 11:21:29 PM ---
--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---
That works for the main character because we have to replay the battle (hopefully with success) but not for the other characters because they will not have the chance to relive the events that lead to their death.
--- End quote ---
While turning back time isn't my favorite theory, it does make sense.  Based on the powers of Malignus, we know psychic control over time is possible.  Psychokinetic shields further protect units from injury, yet there hasn't been any actual supernatural healing in Cera Bella besides reviving.  Soul charges must do more than rewake the body, because returning someone to consciousness wouldn't do much good when the character still has severe burns from a pyro blast or a huge hole in the chest from a spear.  If a fitted soul charge could reverse time for the character, then it could take the character's body back to a time before they received a fatal injury. Edit: the body isn't actually healed during the revival process. 

And I off topic off after Exrtxiem redirect the conversation towards reviving.

Chocobo_Fan:

--- Quote ---Chocobo_Fan, further proves my point by not contributing anything to the discussion.  Lacking any rational counterpoint, s/he decides to directly criticize me instead.

--- End quote ---

I have already given you my rational evidence and counterpoints. You have dismissed them all with irrational non-arguments and unproven assumptions that you pass off as fact. If you do not wish to discuss this rationally, I see no point in continuing the conversation.

(Also, I'm male, for future reference.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version