Games > TSoG

What are Spirits made of

<< < (17/18) > >>

bugfartboy:

--- Quote from: SteelFist on April 23, 2012, 08:52:05 AM ---Telekinesis.

I suppose it might work.

--- End quote ---
Agreed. Seems realistic enough. For a game where there's dragon-esque creatures and emotion drinking balls of smoke, that is. :D

SmartyPants:
If the spirits' melee attacks are just telekinetic attacks, then why are does strength instead of psy power determine the damage of Rajav's attack?

ArtDrake:
Because... spirits don't actually have physical strength, but rather are merely projecting onto themselves traits they had whilst alive, and thus when they think they are physically stonger, their assuredness of their own strength leads them to have greater powers of physical telekinesis while they are performing tasks which would require physical strength?

SmartyPants:
That doesn't make any sense.  Strength effects melee damage and psy power has no effect on melee, so you conclude that Rajav uses psy powers instead of physical strength?  Have you heard of the saying "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

Also, evidence says that spirits can't be souls of the dead, so spirits were never "alive" in the first place.

ArtDrake:
All I'm saying is that if Spirits are physical manifestations of a former human or a telepath's subconcious, then it would make very little sense for them to have literal strength -- after all, what is strength but the amount and condition of muscle fibre in the body, and by extension the ability of mitochondria to manufacture ATP from glucose through complete respiration? -- but do spirits eat? No.

So, I turn to Sherlock Holmes on this one: "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

And yes, of course I've heard that other quotation. What kind of Duck would I be if I hadn't?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version