General > General Discussion

Online games?

(1/7) > >>

ArtDrake:
So, I was wondering if there was any interest in forum members getting together to play other games (if that idea isn't blasphemy), against / alongside each other [at least until Telepath Tactics is up for playing]. I'm pretty much not in a position that's good for buying games, so for the moment it would have to be something free if I were to be involved (TF2, Blast Rage, Ace of Spades ...), and I know Buggy plays Minecraft (or at least I thought he did), and I'll maybe be getting that at some point. Duskling had mentioned Quake Live, whatever that is.

So, what do you think?

Duskling:
Sounds fun!

I even have a game in mind: Legions: Overdrive. It's free, and doesn't require a very advanced computer or gaming parts. Even if your computer is a bit under the requirements (Like mine), you can get a mod that lowers quality at their forums (Here is the mod and all the directions for mod setup).

bugfartboy:
Buggy definately plays Minecraft. I'd be up for it, as long as it didn't require any downloading and installing. I don't have much control over my computer that way. :/ But sounds like fun! :)

ArtDrake:
Well, now we've got a bit of a problem, since Duskling, your game sounds download/install-y, and that's not a point of interest for Bugs over here, so either Dusk and I do one game, and we all do a different game, or we can just think of one good online game to play. I know that Ace of Spades is a fun voxel fps that only takes about a 5 mb download, and it's not particularly noticable when it's not running, so Bugs, you could probably put in in some obscure file on the C drive and no one would be any the wiser...

but if you actually don't have user privelages to download files to disk, then that's a different problem. Anyone know a good java or flash game that's multiplayer? Starfighter's dead, Runescape is just a grind-fest... (and I need a good game...). I've been trying out a flash game by Xgen Studios called Blast Rage Online, and it's pretty fun. Mochigames makes some multiplayer games, but they're, for the most part, Atari and Nintendo ripoffs and not all that fun. I found a multiplayer roguelike called Tomenet (ASCII graphics, permadeath, tile-based play...) but it also requires a small download (1.5 mb). [It's based on Lord of the Rings sort of idea, with orcs and balrogs and goblins and suchlike, if anyone's interested.]

There's Realm of the Mad God, which is pretty fun for a flash game -- it uses pixel art and a big class system to keep ya playing, and playing in groups is definitely advantageous.

Do any of these sound good? And Duskling, I'll be sure to check out Legions: Overdrive, though I'm not sure it'll be exactly my cup of tea.

Duskling:

--- Quote from: Duckling on June 17, 2012, 11:28:16 PM ---Well, now we've got a bit of a problem, since Duskling, your game sounds download/install-y, and that's not a point of interest for Bugs over here, so either Dusk and I do one game, and we all do a different game, or we can just think of one good online game to play. I know that Ace of Spades is a fun voxel fps that only takes about a 5 mb download, and it's not particularly noticable when it's not running, so Bugs, you could probably put in in some obscure file on the C drive and no one would be any the wiser...

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I guess I could have thought that one through a little better, huh? Ace of Spades sounds pretty fun.


--- Quote from: Duckling on June 17, 2012, 11:28:16 PM ---but if you actually don't have user privelages to download files to disk, then that's a different problem. Anyone know a good java or flash game that's multiplayer? Starfighter's dead, Runescape is just a grind-fest... (and I need a good game...). I've been trying out a flash game by Xgen Studios called Blast Rage Online, and it's pretty fun. Mochigames makes some multiplayer games, but they're, for the most part, Atari and Nintendo ripoffs and not all that fun. I found a multiplayer roguelike called Tomenet (ASCII graphics, permadeath, tile-based play...) but it also requires a small download (1.5 mb). [It's based on Lord of the Rings sort of idea, with orcs and balrogs and goblins and suchlike, if anyone's interested.]

--- End quote ---
I haven't heard of... any of these, sorry. I'll make sure to give them a shot, though.


--- Quote from: Duckling on June 17, 2012, 11:28:16 PM ---There's Realm of the Mad God, which is pretty fun for a flash game -- it uses pixel art and a big class system to keep ya playing, and playing in groups is definitely advantageous.

--- End quote ---
This game's pretty fun. I even have a character made already, and an alternate character with some items I was planning to trade, but then I ditched it over a month back since it kind of lost its flavor for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version