The Sinister Design Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: The Gate  (Read 27075 times)

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
The Gate
« on: July 30, 2012, 10:02:13 AM »

just saw War Story and was inspired. The rules are similar but there are some changes. Along with any options provided you always have the choice to Run,wait,observe,useorinvestigate.

Death is a possibility. In the case of death the dying person cannot be revived, and the story will immediately resume with a different person.

CHECKPOINTS will always appear Glowing in red. ACTIONS wil always appear in bold. INSTRUCTIONS will always appear in italics. OBJECTS will always appear in blue.

ALL RULES MAY BE OVERRULED BY THE USE OF INSTRUCTIONS

In the unlikely but possible event of all playable characters dying the game is lost.

Now, without further ado the beginning of the story



You are practicing for a half-marathon, as you run down the sidewalk past the park you notice a pillar of light shoot into the sky from one of the buildings not too far in the distance, only about a half mile off you stop and use your cell phone to take a photo of the pillar of light. suddenly you realize that after running six miles you are quite thirsty and may want to go to a restaurant for a drink.

CHECKPOINT

If you die before reaching the next checkpoint the character is resurrected at this point in time
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:34:39 PM by The Holy namelesskitty »
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Kaseke

  • Red Cape
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 127
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 12:01:33 PM »

Go to the restaraunt and ask if they have any bottled water, so you could take it with you. After that, investigate the light's source.
Logged
If you seek it, you can find it. Freedom can be attained.

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 12:37:01 PM »

When you enter the restaurant you notice on the television a live broadcast of the site where the pillar of light came from. It looks like there has been a lot of damage done tho the surrounding area. You purchase a bottle of water for $1 bringing the amount of money in your wallet to $39. In the background of the broadcast on the television you see an ambulance and paramedics presumably looking for survivors in the collapsed buildings.

It takes you only about three minutes to run to the wreckage, you notice a Large Crack in the street that you might be able to Climb through to enter the sewer. It takes you only a few seconds to see which building was the source of the now vanished light. The central building seems to have been an office before it caught ablaze. There are several firefighters from the local volunteer fire dept as well as an unusually scruffy looking homeless man seeming strangely unfazed. You consider asking somebody if they saw what happened. before you can do that you hear a voice from a burning apartment building crying for help. but you also notice that the firefighters are having great trouble controlling the blaze and the building that the voice came from is not getting much attention. This makes you even more worried than the call for help.


you may use previously mentioned objects if it is logical that you still have them
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 724
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 02:34:05 PM »

Walk up to one of the firefighters, preferably one that's not actively holding one of the hoses, and point out that there's someone in the burning apartment.
Logged

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 02:35:50 PM »

that is not one of the options, let's assume the player is not that smart. good thinking though :3
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 724
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 02:40:26 PM »

Oh. Okay, let's act the hero, then! [I was mostly worried about preserving the life of the character; wouldn't want him to be doing anything too completely reckless and dangerous like battling armed skeletons with just a baseball bat, now would we?]

Help the unknown individual within the apartment, rushing into the burning building and making your [my? our? his?] way towards the sound of the pleas for assistance.
Logged

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 02:53:25 PM »

You crash into the burning apartment building but just as you clear the door it collapses leaving only a pile of rubble, you use the water bottle to wet your clothes to prevent them burning, leaving half just in case, even though you really want to drinkit. You run up the stairs dodging fallen debris until you reach the third floor from which the plea is coming. By now your sweat and the heat makes it difficult to see clearly and the smoke is clogging your lungs. you drop to the floor and crawl until you see a door blocked by a large ceiling beam it looks you might be able to lift it but unless you douse the flames you could get badly burned. Either way there is a possibility that you might get hurt and as this occurs to you you feel scared and want to escape and eye longingly an unblocked fire escape.
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 724
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 02:57:13 PM »

Well, then. It seems there's really no good option but to douse the flames with the rest of your water and rescue the poor chap.
Logged

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 03:05:25 PM »

you manage to extinguish the flames but your water is all used up. it turns out that although it is hot it is not as heavy as it looks. you quietly bless modern building materials. Your head begins to hurt as you open the door. Inside the room you see an unconscious mother and her newborn son. it looks like smoke inhalation is the cause and you got there just in time. by now you have just one choice to lift both people out but who do you bring out first?
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Kaseke

  • Red Cape
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 127
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 03:26:42 PM »

You take the newborn son outside of the room first and then her mother, and after getting them both out, proceed on getting the newborn out of the building. Get him to someone able to look after him and then come back for the mother.
Logged
If you seek it, you can find it. Freedom can be attained.

ArtDrake

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 724
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »

I'm going to say lift the mother on your back in a fireman's carry and carry the baby in one arm. There's no way, with the way this building's coming down, that the one you leave behind is going to make it. That leaves one of your hands free, and you had damned well better hope it's enough.

Oh. Well, Kaseke's works, too.
Logged

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »

which one? they both have their pros and cons, if someone yields to the other I can make this easy, otherwise I will make an executive decision, both lead to a checkpoint.
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 724
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 05:08:09 PM »

I see only one Kaseke.

Did you write this ahead of time?
Logged

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 05:13:58 PM »

I meant yours and his, if you yield then I'll do his, otherwise I'll use random.org
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 724
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 05:24:09 PM »

I yield. Pax.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:53:45 PM by Duckling »
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7