The Sinister Design Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: The Gate  (Read 31065 times)

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 05:35:05 PM »

nifty.

You lift the boy out of the room and return for his mother. but once you are inside the room the hallway caves in, luckily there are only three stories in the hotel. but alas the baby is crushed unter the roof. You bring the mother out through the Fire escape but not without suffering burning to both of your legs. one near the bottom of the fire escape you see that the final ladder is broken off, you realize that you can either wait on the burning building's fire escape, or jump down the final six feet onto the sidewalk.
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 724
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 05:39:42 PM »

To heck with waiting, jump! Well, do your best not to let the woman in your arms hit the ground, especially not her head. I figure, try for landing on your bum; that way, your behind will cusion your fall, and your body will cushion hers when she goes with you. The firefighters seem like they're totally unhelpful and can't be relied upon to take a kitten out of a tree, much less a pair of burned smoke-inhalation victims off of a fire escape.
Logged

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 05:49:46 PM »

yeah, all the firefighters seem to be dipwads.

As you jump you aim to land in the safest way possible. your rear hits the ground first, and miraculously, other than your persistant headache and some superficial burns you seem to be in good health. The firemen immediately bring out an oxygen tank and assist the mother. The EMS crew assures you that she will live. the fire in the central building seems to have been extinguished. The fire hoses now seem to be trained on the building you were just in, fat load of good that does! Aside from the crack in the street widening to a pit nearly six feet in diameter with a blinding light pulsating in the bottom not much has changed. Not even the Homeless guy who you are sure is watching you very intently.
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 724
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 05:51:55 PM »

Go to the hospital yourself to seek treatment for the large burns on your legs. No sense in going onwards if you're barely able to stand the pain.
Logged

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 05:56:39 PM »

that'n not an option, and your legs aren't that bad. Anything that doesn't advance the story is not allowed. sorry, but I want to keep the story fast paced.
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 724
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 06:01:59 PM »

If you always make the character flail head-first into death, with no survival instinct telling him to get the heck out of somewhere in a way that's not plot-advancing but life-preserving, he's going to die. We can either switch to another one of those other primary characters you've got cooked up somewhere, or you could just hit the big fast-forward button known as "X amount of time later...."

It would advance the plot in the sense that the character would be able to advance in the plot at a later time, rather than flat-out die. I mean, burn wounds are pretty serious and can get infected if not treated, and even if they are treated, and stay around for weeks at a time if you don't use the right medicine, as far as I'm aware.

Sorry. Could you explain what you want out of this story a bit more?
Logged

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2012, 06:09:48 PM »

I havent planned out much, but there is a plot, one of the more important parts is that the character is burned. don't worry soon there'll be more room for logical choices. don't worry, depending on what you choose that'll happen in 2-4 screens. we're close to the part that requires a burn. and that heals the player's burns. sorry about not telling you much, but I want the plot to be a surprize.
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 724
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 06:11:27 PM »

Then, shall we talk to the homeless creepy dude staring at us the entire time with his magic x-ray vision that allows him to have stared as us even when we were inside the building saving a woman but not her child? Minus the x-ray vision bit?
Logged

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 06:30:16 PM »

Thank You for choosing correctly!!!!

"Hello Valentine," says the man "we've been waiting for you."
surprised that he knew your name you are about to ask what happened when he answers.
"The Gate has been opened. and you are late" with a speed you could not imagine that he possessed he grabs your shoulder and instantly you see nothing but a blinding white light and suddenly you are in a plaza made entirely out of white stone with ornate buildings on every side built in different styles one is art deco and almost as tall as the empire state building another looks like it may have been built by mud layered on a wooden frame with a flat, a third is built sort of like a greek temple and the last seems to be a plain block like edifice with no decoration whatsoever. all of them are as white as the stone you stand on. the man who was once a hobo is now dressed royally sporting the only color visible for miles. Although lavish, his clothes are very gaudy with incredibly bright hues of red, yellow, green, and blue.
"the choice is yours," he says "but once you enter you cannot second guess."
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 724
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 06:35:46 PM »

Can we ask this snazzily-dressed homeless guy what we're to do in any one of these buildings? Slay monsters? Paint the walls? Climb them? All of the above?
Logged

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 07:39:44 PM »

You ask the snazzy guy, but his reply is cryptic "there are many things you can do, but you will decide which is right on your own, but no matter the choice, life will go on." You wish that you could riddle it out but the constant headache you have is making it hard to concentrate on anything.
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 724
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2012, 07:46:28 PM »

All right, then. Vámonos al Greco, eh?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:01:35 PM by algebra17 »
Logged

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 08:06:20 PM »

You approach the greek temple. as you move towards it you start to smell something, at first you can't make it out, but you soon realize that the comforting scent is that of cherry flowers, something that you remember from your childhood. as the scent washes over you you forget where you are for a second, but then you remember your purpose and make o=your way to the entrance. inside is a sloping hill filled with cherry trees all abloom and a happily bubbling stream but as you are about to enter you hear a voice so loud you can feel it in your feet.
"Prove you have been purified or face the consequences of befouling this sacred place. You are unsure what to do, in your confusion you apparently linger too long as a bright green flash illuminates your entire field of vision and then a vicious wind that feels strong enough to rip the flesh from your bones hits you but your feet are stuck in place. Luckily your already very burnt sweats disintegrate before you do as as your raw flesh is exposed the wind stops as abruptly as it began. and the voice returns "our apologies, the water should help" You call into the distance "who are you?" but it seems that the presence is gone and all that is there are the cherry trees.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:14:05 PM by The Holy namelesskitty »
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 724
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2012, 08:09:43 PM »

Walk into the stream and sit down, letting the water flow over the burns. That should probably help, methinks. Enjoy the scent of the cherry trees, while you're at it.
Logged

The Holy namelesskitty

  • Black Cape
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 706
  • professional lolcat coming through
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2012, 10:39:43 AM »

You stroll down towards the stream. As you sit in the water all of your troubles seem to be gone, your legs instantly feel better as the water washes over them. You shut your eyes for only a second, but when you open them a girl is standing over you. although she couldn't be older than fourteen her features are striking. You become painfully aware that you are pantsless and your cheeks flush a bright red. Upon seeing this she laughs  in a high but not unpleasant tone. She hands you a large wooden bowl and commands you to drink it. You feel as if you have no choice, and down greedily the full contents. almost instantly after you drink the clear liquid your persistant headache vanishes.
"what was that?" you ask
"Water. You were nearly delirious with thirst."
Immediately you remember running for six miles and curse yourself for not thinking of that sooner.
"Follow me." she bids and you unquestioningly comply.
As the two of you walk you are plagued with questions, who are you, where is this, why am I here, and most disturbingly, who am I  comes to mind.




this is a conversation to orient you, what you ask willl lead to what info you get, death is not possible during conversations (BOCTAOE)
Logged
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7