News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Spirit Elements

Started by SmartyPants, November 04, 2012, 12:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Spoiler is after TSoG Mission 4:
Quote from: CraigStern on February 10, 2011, 08:35:46 PM
Quote from: SmartyPants on February 10, 2011, 08:15:52 PMWhy do most spirits use the Cold element?

[spoiler]Why does Luca learn to use the Light element?[/spoiler]
Had I been thinking about it back when I first designed the spirits, Heat would have probably been a more fitting affinity for most of them.

[spoiler]Re: Luca, the Luca'ra'il personality has a strong, newfound sense of purpose going forward that grants her light affinity.[/spoiler]

Quote from: CraigStern on February 10, 2011, 08:55:08 PM
Quote from: SmartyPants on February 10, 2011, 08:51:41 PMSo spirits control elements based on personalities like Psy Fighters?  Does memory loss cause most spirits to be more Cold oriented?
Something like that. I suppose you could say that Cold predominates in the absence of other personality factors, factors which deteriorate with memory loss.

Does this mean that spirits can have personalities that allow them to use elements like Heat and Shadow?

CraigStern

SmartyPants

So this topic doesn't ended rather abruptly, lets talk about what type of spirits would use other elements.

On a side note, I thought of Jinn related names for spirits that use non-Cold elements:
   ■Ifrit- Spirits that use Heat
   ■Ghul- Spirits that use Shadow
   ■Qarin- Spirits, like Luca'ra'il, that use Light

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on February 10, 2011, 08:35:46 PM
Quote from: SmartyPants on February 10, 2011, 08:15:52 PMWhy do most spirits use the Cold element?
Had I been thinking about it back when I first designed the spirits, Heat would have probably been a more fitting affinity for most of them.
Most spirits are controlled by their instincts which would be a characteristic of those with an affinity for the Heat element.  However, these instinct-based spirits use the Cold element instead.  Maybe this means that spirits' affinity is opposite that of humans.  The same characteristics that would make a human talented with Heat would make a spirit talented with Cold.