News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Wish List for Telepath Tactics

Started by Ertxiem, December 13, 2012, 06:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quixzlizx

Quote from: bugfartboy on May 03, 2013, 09:52:25 PM
You can press ctrl+F and put the game in windowed mode, provided you're on Windows. I don't know about Mac.

Thanks for informing me of that, although that causes the window to only take up about a fourth of my screen.  I'm hoping multiple resolutions will eventually be supported.

bugfartboy

You can click and drag the bottom right corner to expand it as you see fit.

Thaliak

I just got a chance to play the early access build. While the campaign was a bit easy, I enjoyed it.

I would like to echo Jito463's request to show the action bar and movement ranges automatically, as that would speed up play considerably. Ideally, I'd also like keyboard shortcuts for moving (e.g., the number pad), selecting attacks (e.g., 1-8), and rotating. A mouse shortcut for the later (e.g., holding down the right mouse button and moving the mouse up, left, down, or right) might also be convenient.

In the campaign's bridge battle, consider explaining what happens when you pull an enemy into water once the player gets close to the bridge.

I was surprised to see the enemy expose its back by facing toward a wall. It should only do that if it's trying to lure me into a space to set up a trap, which I don't think was the case.

Is there a way to see a tile's elevation when there's no character on the tile? If not, consider adding one.

Quixzlizx

Quote from: bugfartboy on May 03, 2013, 10:55:46 PM
You can click and drag the bottom right corner to expand it as you see fit.

I know that, but it just creates empty black space around the fixed resolution.

CraigStern

Quote from: Thaliak on May 03, 2013, 11:20:10 PMIdeally, I'd also like keyboard shortcuts for moving (e.g., the number pad), selecting attacks (e.g., 1-8), and rotating.

Thanks for all of the suggestions! A lot of those (e.g. having the AI put its back to walls) are planned. As for keyboard shortcuts, though, check page 4 of the manual.

jhocking

I'm sure others have mentioned this, but one small thing that would be nice would be for the Options to be remembered between sessions. I always do double time and screen edge scrolling, but keep forgetting I have to reset that.

JeenLeen

Is it intentional that an Enthralled unit cannot give its items to one of your units?  (In other words, if I enthrall an enemy unit, when I control it, I cannot make it give its items to one of my units.)  That would be nice to be able to do. 

It's not a big deal, though, since I can make them drop the item and then have my unit pick it up.

CraigStern

Ah! That's an oversight on my part. I'll have that fixed shortly.

JeenLeen

In campaign mode, could it be set so that any item bags on the map are automatically collected when you win a battle (like in Ogre Tactics, I think)?
I could see having the main character be the default receiver of all such items.

It's frustrating to kill someone who has an item or gold last, or to make bad tactical decisions to collect item sacks.  (Although I can see having to make the decision about whether to focus on items or enemies as a sound part of the game... Not being able to bust open every barrel after combat ends makes sense, but it just doesn't make sense to me that the party would leave supplies laying on the ground.)

CraigStern

Yeah, I'm planning to address that! Not to worry. ;)

bugfartboy

I have a suggestion for the map editor.

When I'm playing around painting on a large map, I find it irksome to have to manually change between the move tool and the paint tool. Perhaps you could add functionality to the right click feature. I think it would be a good idea that if you hold down the right mouse button (or left based on how you have your mouse set up) you automatically switch to the move tool, and releasing it would change right back to the paint tool.

CraigStern

Do you have a mouse wheel? Middle mouse does that.

bugfartboy

Incredible, the things I miss. Never mind then.

SmartyPants

Like Qudssi from TSoG, Alvin Schmendrick has mobility that makes him a very useful unit, yet he will become boring to use as he is the only unit not learning new attacks and skills.  It would be nice if he was at least able to learn one new skill even if it is only at a very high level.

CraigStern

I'm not 100% sure that I'll actually be using him in the real campaign. If I do, he'll get the ability to learn new skills.