News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Developer's Log

Started by CraigStern, February 11, 2013, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

--Lord Dakarai (or any golem, provided I ever add in more of them) can now use Golem Parts to permanently increase its Strength by 1 and Energy by 4

CraigStern

--the common inventory now supports item sorting! Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQq1IMh4Nc

--new item: Shadow Cloak. Useable only by assassins; while it does nothing to boost the wearer's resistance, it does make that character somewhat less likely to be targeted by the enemy AI (especially if alternative targets are in range).

CraigStern

--fixed a particularly infuriating bug that was causing the multiplayer army class pool not to update when changing to a rule set with entirely different unit classes, as well as a second bug that forced you to manually select the ruleset every single time you wanted to play a local multiplayer match.

--fixed a bug in which the game would not properly load user multiplayer rule sets contained in the directory Documents > My Games > Telepath Tactics > User Multiplayer Rule Sets.

--fixed a stray pixel in the right-facing male Marauder walk animation.

--fixed a bug in which it had become possible to surrender in the tutorials.

--fixed the bug that was rendering it impossible to progress beyond a certain point in the second tutorial.

CraigStern

--wrote the monthly update, to be posted tomorrow

CraigStern

--updated the mix of Onslaught to the version with live strings; it sounds even cooler now than it did before :)

--increased the compression quality on the game's music from "Fast" 128 kbps to "Best" 160 kbps. It's an extra 10-15 MB, but the music sounds much cleaner and nicer that way.

CraigStern

--added support for AOE patterns larger than 5 x 5.

--discovered, to my shock and horror, that all of the sound effect and visual effects data for the Cryo Cross attack somehow got deleted from the game's Attacks.xml files! I went and recreated them.

--fixed typos that were preventing certain classes of characters from getting the correct sprites upon promotion.

CraigStern

--got the Knife and Stab animations for the Whisper from David Hamond! :)

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which Use Once attacks like Thrust would not count as having been used if the target counterattacked, allowing further uses in the same turn.

--increased Thrust's damage to 80% of strength (from 50%).

--added visual effects to Dark Breath and Dark Breath 2, Fire Breath and Fire Breath 2, Light Breath and Light Breath 2.

--created a light breath sound effect; recalibrated the sound effects for the other breath types to better match the timing of the effect animations. Added an "inhale" sound into each sound effect sequence.

--fixed the bug that was keeping the Recruit Psy Healer skill from working in the Bases for Generals ruleset.

--cleaned up certain geographical features on the world map and fixed an embarrassing typo.

CraigStern

--experimented with prettying up the map some more using art materials in anticipation of including it in the manual

CraigStern

--added an exchange between Harynx and Meridian during the Coria Tavern cut scene

CraigStern

--added a listener to the game's destructible objects so that the game won't get "stuck" when clicking on them to pan the battlefield.

--in reviewing some of the game's code this morning, I realized that I had put the code removing listeners from dead characters and objects in the wrong part of the code, meaning that listeners were not getting removed from the stage as characters died during battles. Whoops.

I strongly suspect that this was at least partially responsible for the slowdown that happens during longer battles with lots of enemies; I've fixed the listener removal process now, and am going to test out the game and see if it helps with performance.

CraigStern

--introduced some optimizations to free up memory after characters and objects are destroyed

--eliminated that annoying little pause that used to happen after every character move

CraigStern

--got three new character portraits from David Hammond! Annel Stormhunter and Doran Chamberlain (both Kickstarter backer portraits), and Samir Hashmal.

--Samir Hashmal's portrait has been added to the ending.

--added Doran Chamberlain to the Battle with Archos as a recruitable character.

--gave Archos a death monologue.

--gave Doran a death monologue.

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which the RemoveTriggerObj action would still remove bridge tiles below triggered traps, but only if the player was the one that had created the bridge tile.

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which the AI would not calculate the location of targets correctly with attacks that use an AOE patten design on a non-7X7 field

--added Annel Stormhunter into the battle with Ebon Raban.