News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The early access bug reporting thread

Started by CraigStern, February 18, 2013, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

You can't use underscores or periods(decimals) in the parameters box in the Map Editor.

bugfartboy

When placing objects in the map editor, the editor has a habit of visually shifting the object sprite to the right. This bug has been around for a while, but it's more of a nuisance than operation-impeding bug. (IMO)

CraigStern

Quote from: bugfartboy on July 23, 2013, 01:30:26 AM
You can't use underscores or periods(decimals) in the parameters box in the Map Editor.

Which parameters box? The one for dialog actions, you mean?

EDIT: doesn't matter; I added those characters in for all of them.

bugfartboy

I seem to be having some trouble setting up a system that teaches a character a certain set of attacks at the start of a level. I've tried setting this code in both PersistentDialog.xml and inside a map itself.

You can ignore that the rest of the map is empty, it was just what I used to get the dialog formatted correctly.

~Edit~
I forgot to explain what was happening. *facepalm*

When it's in PersistentDialog, any map after Introduction won't load, and when it's in a map the map will load, but freeze up.

CraigStern

Most likely, your problem stems from the fact that Hero is not actually on the battlefield. All of those Actions require a character to actually be present before they'll work.

bugfartboy

So Persistent Dialog loads before the map does? Or at least before the characters are placed on it?

~Edit~
The GiveItem action works fine, when run on turn 0.
That puzzles me because the setup dialog runs on turn 0 as well.

~Edit: Part 2~
The file I uploaded wasn't the map I was trying to load. It's just where I wrote the dialog to.

CraigStern

Quote from: bugfartboy on July 25, 2013, 11:45:25 AM
So Persistent Dialog loads before the map does? Or at least before the characters are placed on it?

This should work all right if used in PersistentDialog.xml, provided the named character is actually on the battlefield on turn 0. I'll test it out and see what the issue is.

CraigStern

You spelled Pyro Hail "Pryo Hail," and used "Hero" without any spaces on that action (on all the the others, you used spaces afterwards). After fixing these typos, it works fine.

That said, I've made a small change to the game so it won't crash like that the next time someone does this; it'll just fail to teach the character the attack.

jhocking

I just completed the second battle in Dawbry and got through all the dialogue after that, and then the next scene didn't load. the screen turned black and I could see the mouse cursor, but that's it

(how do I know which version of the software I'm running? is there a version number anywhere)

bugfartboy

I accept that I made some spelling errors. Attached is a map made using "TeachAttackTemp". (Although I have indeed tried it with "TeachAttack")

The only reply that works is "No" which ends the conversation. "Yes" directs to another branch to actually teach the attack. Trying to select "Yes" results in the reply lighting up as if selected, but the dialog doesn't change branches. If you substitute another action, such as "GiveItem", the dialog runs fine.

CraigStern

Quote from: jhocking on July 25, 2013, 10:25:02 PM(how do I know which version of the software I'm running? is there a version number anywhere)

Well, you're definitely not running the most recent version, or else you'd see the version number on the title screen. :)

CraigStern

Quote from: bugfartboy on July 25, 2013, 11:10:15 PM
The only reply that works is "No" which ends the conversation. "Yes" directs to another branch to actually teach the attack. Trying to select "Yes" results in the reply lighting up as if selected, but the dialog doesn't change branches.

I just stuck this conversation in the Kovit campaign with Emma Strider in place of The Hero and her teammates removed; hitting Yes works perfectly for me. I don't know what you've done wrong, but I suspect I'll need your whole campaign folder to figure out the problem.

bugfartboy

Item sprites go past the boundary of the inventory box.

Nendrel

Hi, I'm testing the latest update (0.455.354 at the file application.xml). I don't see the version number at the main menu as you showed at the screenshot.

At the Frozen Hearts campaign, when Ambuur Sang dissapears, the game crashes.

jhocking

Quote from: CraigStern on July 26, 2013, 11:06:59 AM
Quote from: jhocking on July 25, 2013, 10:25:02 PM(how do I know which version of the software I'm running? is there a version number anywhere)

Well, you're definitely not running the most recent version, or else you'd see the version number on the title screen. :)

No fair, you hadn't announced the latest version yet! Anyway do you have any idea what caused my issue? Is that something you fixed in the latest version?

EDIT: hm I just downloaded the game again and no version number is appearing. Maybe you didn't update the Mac download?

Also, the "click to speed up" label on the scrolling text page is gone. hm perhaps some text labels, including the version number and the "click to speed up", aren't working in the Mac version?

Anyway I've played through the Kovit campaign and the issue I hit was "fixed" in the sense that after Dawbry the campaign ends. I hope this is just a temporary removal while you fix issues in the last section, because that battle was cool!

I also noticed there's a new Frozen Heart campaign so I tried that; the game froze after I clicked through the initial dialogue. As in once I was on the screen of the guy saying "It will be as you wish" nothing further happened when I clicked, although I could still move the mouse cursor around.