News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The early access bug reporting thread

Started by CraigStern, February 18, 2013, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mason Wheeler

I run at a high resolution, and I have to lean way in to read the text.  The text needs to either be a lot bigger, or have an option somewhere to make it bigger.

On a related note, there needs to be some way to access configuration settings (and a Save command!) from within the game.

Awesome game so far, BTW.

CraigStern

Thanks for the reports, guys. ;)

Right now, all saving is auto-saving. So if you quit playing midway through, you'll be able to pick back up by hitting Load Campaign on the Campaign menu.

Joresh

Ooooh, my first bug report.

In the campaign, in the battle at the supply depot (where you have an engineer who needs to build a bridge across a river), my engineer got killed (I believe by the ongoing burn from the bandit pyrokineticist? He had a tiny sliver of health left and then died at the start of my turn) and produced a little pop-up text message saying he was leaving the battle. After this, however, there was a little white arrow in his former space, and hovering over it gave the engineer's name and a "level 0 (null)" status, wih 0 hit points. When I was using my healer, I accidentally clicked on this null unit to heal (trying to heal the unit above it). This caused the game to freeze and be entirely unresponsive. Clicking on units did nothing and keyboard shortcuts also didn't have any visible effect.

Edit: this is with the most recent alpha build, I downloaded it earlier today.

CraigStern

Thanks! I'll look into that and figure out the problem.

mirromaru

Not a bug per se, but it would be cool to have any option to access the menu in-game somehow, because I accidentally clicked "load campaign" after having it finished, resulting in a blank screen with music,  and had to kill the game to get out.

CraigStern

Mason Wheeler

If you move a character, don't use up all the move points, and then click Done for him, he turns gray, as expected.

If you then use the Rally command, the character who you set to Done will move towards the rally point.  This is not expected behavior.

BTW speaking of movement behavior, it really ought to be possible for characters to move through squares occupied by other friendly characters.  (Especially if you're going to compare TT with Disgaea in the Kickstarter campaign!)  It saves a lot of hassle getting people positioned right.

CraigStern

Quote from: Mason Wheeler on May 02, 2013, 04:08:01 PMit really ought to be possible for characters to move through squares occupied by other friendly characters.

It is possible, but I have it turned off because I like the challenge of positioning characters who actually occupy space. If you want that on, you can stick Condition tags in the battles setting Ally Pass-Through to true. (See page 18 of the manual.)

CraigStern

Bug fixes!

• the game no longer spawns blank phantom units after characters drown / burn to death in water / lava
  • the game no longer moves "Done" characters when you use Rally
  • in cut scenes, the game no longer treats a character who plays an attack animation as the attacker when a second character subsequently dies (e.g. the game was previously awarding Alvin experience points in the cut scene after the Battle at Dawbry upon the death of the Wounded Bandit)
  • fixed a bug with the SpawnChar dialog script action

The installers have now been updated with the fixes.

Nendrel

Quote from: CraigStern on May 02, 2013, 10:01:01 PM
Bug fixes!

• the game no longer spawns blank phantom units after characters drown / burn to death in water / lava
  • the game no longer moves "Done" characters when you use Rally
  • in cut scenes, the game no longer treats a character who plays an attack animation as the attacker when a second character subsequently dies (e.g. the game was previously awarding Alvin experience points in the cut scene after the Battle at Dawbry upon the death of the Wounded Bandit)
  • fixed a bug with the SpawnChar dialog script action

The installers have now been updated with the fixes.

Is this fixed simultaneously at the alpha (early access)? Will be another subforum for the alpha bugs?

CraigStern

If I post about the installers being updated, I'm talking about the installers for the alpha (early access) installers. If you have early access, you can redownload the installer, run it, and hit Replace to fix your install.

bugfartboy

Did you forget to change the nextbattle after the Ploutos Weapons Depot map? It says "ENDDEMO".

CraigStern

Ah. I suppose so. It's not bugging out the game, is it?

bugfartboy

No, it just ends the game after that battle. An unhappy surprise for me after spending a few hours figuring out an efficient way to win the battle.

blueflame451

Quote from: CraigStern on May 02, 2013, 06:32:00 AM
Blueflame, try updating your install: I just fixed a bug with destructible objects last night, so I think that might have been addressed?

That was it... I am able to loot the fort now.