News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The early access bug reporting thread

Started by CraigStern, February 18, 2013, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joresh

Exploding objects crashing the game is not fixed in Local Matches. I just had the same issue with killing a tree crashing my game.

Also, certain types of attack appear not to actually *kill* a character, at least in Local Matches. I've had several instances of units reduced to -10 or -20 hit points, with a green bar extending off to the left of their health bar, still moving around and fighting no matter how many arrows they took, who suddenly went pop when hit with a mental-type attack. This is a human vs human Local Match with the most recent alpha update.

FauxShizzle

I was running the exe file through Steam, but apparently taking a screencap with the Steam client locks you out of the game.

The executable for Telepath Tactics doesn't seem to hang, but it doesn't seem to know what to make of an interruption by an external client, either.

FauxShizzle

I purchased a golem for use in the battle with Garrett the Impaler. I used the golem to throw Garrett into the stream, but I had to quit the rest of my turn with the escape key because the mouse input stopped working.

bugfartboy

In the dialogue editor, you cannot type in the "Speaker Name" box. You can type "/" and backspace, but not type.

CraigStern

Hm, okay. I'll look into these. Thanks for the heads-up!

FauxShizzle: you can use F10 and F12 to take screenshots internally (F10 for the area that would be displayed if the game were windowed, F12 for the entire battlefield). I recommend using those.

Mason Wheeler

Quote from: bugfartboy on May 03, 2013, 04:55:32 PM
No, it just ends the game after that battle. An unhappy surprise for me after spending a few hours figuring out an efficient way to win the battle.

Same here. I can't continue past this point.

CraigStern

There isn't anything past that point just yet, so you're not missing out! I'm going to start making the real campaign soon.

Mason Wheeler

Oh.  I saw in the map editor that there were other maps that I haven't played yet, I just figured you'd forgotten to link them up.

bugfartboy

Quote from: Mason Wheeler on May 04, 2013, 03:03:56 PM
Oh.  I saw in the map editor that there were other maps that I haven't played yet, I just figured you'd forgotten to link them up.
Same, although I should have guessed that they weren't ready, seeing as most of them were incomplete.

Nendrel

Quote from: CraigStern on May 03, 2013, 09:26:10 AM
If I post about the installers being updated, I'm talking about the installers for the alpha (early access) installers. If you have early access, you can redownload the installer, run it, and hit Replace to fix your install.

Ok, thanks Craig. So right now this is the alpha bug reporting thread (not the demo). Downloading and replaying ;)

Edited: I didn't find bugs now so i ended the campaign. Thanks Craig. Only a matter: After the campaign ends, music doesn't sound at the main menu.

Ankios

Ok ran the newest build. Found bug in Impaler mission again. The first bowman got trapped on the side of the river that I start on. Upon happening, he didn't end his turn, but instead, I was able to click on him and his full range of options was available. I ended his turn, and that ended the bug, the game continued normally.

CraigStern

Quote from: Ankios on May 05, 2013, 11:34:24 AMThe first bowman got trapped on the side of the river that I start on.

I'm not sure what this means. Did you pull the bowman into the water, and he swam to your side? Did you build a bridge and he walked across it to your side? How was he trapped?

Mason Wheeler

Here's one for you: It's possible to use Pull on a square that does not contain a character or other object. This results in the animation playing, and your character moving back one square, essentially wasting their action.

bugfartboy

Quote from: Mason Wheeler on May 05, 2013, 12:50:30 PM
Here's one for you: It's possible to use Pull on a square that does not contain a character or other object. This results in the animation playing, and your character moving back one square, essentially wasting their action.
I don't think that should be fixed. If used properly, you could essentially use it to extend the movement range of said character by one space. Keep it!

Mason Wheeler

Quote from: bugfartboy on May 05, 2013, 01:19:35 PM
Quote from: Mason Wheeler on May 05, 2013, 12:50:30 PM
I don't think that should be fixed. If used properly, you could essentially use it to extend the movement range of said character by one space. Keep it!
...which turns it from a simple bug to an exploit.  Depending on the creator's philosophy, that could be even worse. :P