News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The early access bug reporting thread

Started by CraigStern, February 18, 2013, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

A player could set up their units so that they could pull each other along caterpillar or centipede style. It could be exploited whether it was fixed or not.

CraigStern

Yeah, I'm aware of that exploit. I'm planning to fix it sooner or later.

Daethanil

Hello all, recently got my link for early access.

So far I've been enjoying the game, but the map immediately after you get Sophia and her friends - I finish the map successfully and everything goes black... nothing happens. This is after the map where you need the engineer to build a bridge, then the spearman leader shows up and there are a number of barrels inside the keep.

Is anyone else having this issue? Should I just re-install?

SmartyPants

I also only got that far.  As of right now, I think the demo only goes up to that mission .  We probably have to wait for a update in order to play more.

Ertxiem

Quote from: Daethanil on May 05, 2013, 08:04:35 PM
Hello all, recently got my link for early access.

So far I've been enjoying the game, but the map immediately after you get Sophia and her friends - I finish the map successfully and everything goes black... nothing happens. This is after the map where you need the engineer to build a bridge, then the spearman leader shows up and there are a number of barrels inside the keep.

Is anyone else having this issue? Should I just re-install?

I just moved this topic here to be easier for Craig to spot it.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

My swordsman had bandages, and I had her use one of them.  One was used to heal the swordsman, while the other one automatically dropped.  This was only a minor inconvenience, because it was easily picked up after it was dropped.

JeenLeen

I found one through the Donut Tower map.

If I push a unit off the tower such that they fall down the tiles that represent height in the tower, normally they fall to the water and take the appropriate falling damage.  However, if a flying unit is between the pushed unit and the tile they should land in, the game freezes.  (The music continues, but even the rain stops moving, and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out.) 

I just tested it again and it was a spearman pushing a healer down.  Below the healer was an empty 'height' tile, and below that was a shadowling (between the healer and the water.)

---

Also, and I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but if a object that existed as part of the scene (in this case a wooden bridge in the Archipedigo map) gets hit with the fire power and gets the burning status, it doesn't ever take burning damage.  When I click on it, I don't see the status listed as a status ailment.
The same thing happens if I create something (I used a wooden barricade) and hit it with fire.

I can see why most status ailments would not apply to objects, but burning (and perhaps Soften--it lowers defense, right?) seem exceptions.

bugfartboy

Objects on the battle field don't take burning damage because they don't have a turn to take damage at the start of. Methinks it would be difficult to find a time for them to take damage at the start of.

JeenLeen

Another thing, this time with a screenshot.  It was a 4-way battle (the white is my army, the other 3 CPU).  The party with the stone golem in the screenshot started, the golem used the + all physical defenses item, and then then did nothing else.  (Music and snow kept on like normal; the AI just wasn't doing anything.)  Eventually, I found out that if I hit F1 to bring up the options, then Xed out of it, I could control the army with the golem.  I just did 'End Turn', and the next army did nothing.  F1 let me control one of them and end it, too.  For the third, I told the unit to attack something or move (don't remember; sorry), and it rotated to do the action, but didn't actually do anything.  The snow kept moving for a while, but eventually stopped.

Ankios

Quote from: CraigStern on May 05, 2013, 12:33:51 PM
Quote from: Ankios on May 05, 2013, 11:34:24 AMThe first bowman got trapped on the side of the river that I start on.

I'm not sure what this means. Did you pull the bowman into the water, and he swam to your side? Did you build a bridge and he walked across it to your side? How was he trapped?

Ok. So the AI attacked the bridge that I originally crossed on. The bowman had crossed and been attacking the bridge from that side. Once he destroyed that last piece, that is when he didn't auto end his turn and instead I was forced to do it.

CraigStern

Thanks for the reports, guys! I'm having some trouble duplicating most of these bugs, but I'm going to keep at it until I do!

Mason Wheeler

Quote from: CraigStern on May 06, 2013, 01:19:00 PM
Thanks for the reports, guys! I'm having some trouble duplicating most of these bugs, but I'm going to keep at it until I do!

This is where a save-on-demand function would really come in handy.  Ask the user to find a way to reproduce the problem, then save immediately beforehand and send it to you.  :)

Ankios

Is there any way that we can load a specific mission in the SP campaign? It would help so I can try and duplicate my bugs without having to go back and restart everything to play a single mission.

I wouldn't expect it in the real game, but it would help in the alpha and beta.

bugfartboy

You can open up Introduction.xml and change "nextbattle" in the top line of the file to the map-name you want. This will allow you to determine which battle loads after the beginning cutscreen. You can find it in "Data/Campaigns/Kovit/Maps" of your install folder.

bugfartboy

Quote from: bugfartboy on May 06, 2013, 05:15:08 PM
I'm having some trouble with the dialog box. I can see the first two reply options, albeit somewhat awkwardly, and can't see the third.
I wasn't sure whether to classify it as a bug or not.
It does the same in full screen, windowed mode was the only way I could get a screenshot that would include the dialog box.