News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The early access bug reporting thread

Started by CraigStern, February 18, 2013, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeenLeen

Just downloaded the installer.

I did a battle, and whenever I tried to attack, the game stopped, and I had to hit F1 then Resume to get back.  I would select who to hit with what power, and then it would go like it was about to activate, but instead of an animation or damage, nothing happened.  This happened with a few different powers, though I was able to hit my own unit with an Archer's arrow.  I ended turn, and the enemy had the same problem.  When I hit F1, then Surrender, I made the enemy surrender.

I tried it again on a separate map, and the same thing happened.  Also, the enemy went first, game paused after it tried to Claw, and when I hit F1 + Resume, I was controlling the enemy.

On an unrelated note, I learned that if you try to use a ranged attack (like Frost Breath) to hit a foe, but the square you select if off the battle map, you cannot attack in that direction.  (The screenshot is both the Frost Breath limit I'm talking about in this paragraph, as well as what happened earlier.  This is the enemy Frost Spiggat I'm controlling.)

bugfartboy

I did as you suggested, and uninstalled both Telepath Tactics and the Map Editor. I installed both to their default locations, and even remade the map to make sure that it was fresh. Sadly, this didn't work and the map still loads blank.

CraigStern

Quote from: JeenLeen on July 09, 2013, 05:14:29 PMI did a battle, and whenever I tried to attack, the game stopped, and I had to hit F1 then Resume to get back.  I would select who to hit with what power, and then it would go like it was about to activate, but instead of an animation or damage, nothing happened.  This happened with a few different powers, though I was able to hit my own unit with an Archer's arrow.  I ended turn, and the enemy had the same problem.  When I hit F1, then Surrender, I made the enemy surrender.

I tried it again on a separate map, and the same thing happened.  Also, the enemy went first, game paused after it tried to Claw, and when I hit F1 + Resume, I was controlling the enemy.

Ah! Crud; I know what's causing this. I'll have that fixed in a second.

CraigStern

Aaaaand it's fixed! Redownload recommended.

bugfartboy

After reinstalling the Map Editor, I made a map and compared the file with a map I know works (from the Kovit campaign). The new map has the same URL that it did before:

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Telepath%20Tactics/Data/Tiles/Cave

while the map from Kovit had:

app:/Tiles/Castle

This issue prevents the game itself from loading the map as well. Manually correcting the URL fixes the loading issue.

CraigStern

I've updated the map editor.  Try it now.

JeenLeen

Downloaded installer earlier today.

At least once, when an enemy who had items died, the items popped to the an adjacent square (right, in the case I remember) instead of on the square the enemy was on.

Also, while the enemies are being a lot smarter using items, one used both Thermal Paste and Bandages, even though they weren't hurt.  Another one started their turn using Adrenaline Pills, then ended without doing anything; it couldn't have reached any of my units, but it could have advanced.  (Others used items and moved afterwards, though.)
Also, one time an enemy came to attack one of my units, and it passed over an item bag without picking it up.  Didn't seem to make sense; was like the unit didn't think about picking up items if it could attack one of mine.

Despite these remaining aspects, I like the improved AI a lot!  Battles flow a lot smoother and with better challenge.

---

Also, if during a battle, I hit F1 to go to Settings and lower the music (in my case, to 0 for both), when I hit the 'X' icon to close out of the menu, it goes back to the initial settings.  (This happened in the Donut Tower map.)  Oddly, when I exited the game and re-entered, it remembered my music settings both at 0.  (I don't recall if music played after I exited the map, before exiting the game in its entirety.)

CraigStern

Thanks for the feedback! I'll look into that stuff for sure. ;)

bugfartboy

Downloaded the latest version of TT just a few minutes ago. Upon launching the game multiple times, the Main Menu is missing the version number that the Dev Log says should be there.

I downloaded the latest version of the Map Editor a few minutes ago as well. I made something to see how well it was working, and encountered the same issue I had before. This was a fresh made xml file, that the Map Editor created.

bugfartboy

I have a script set in Persistent Dialogue that, in theory, lets all of the player's characters start out with full energy. Trouble is, it only works on the first character in the list. I have both characters set up the same way, except Hero is first in the list and Fighter is second.

When I load the map, and call the script at the beginning of the battle, Hero get's his energy boosted while Fighter doesn't. When I remove Hero's line from the script, Fighter's energy gets boosted. I don't know for sure, but it seems like a timing(?) issue.

CraigStern

Hm! That shouldn't be happening. I'll look into that.

CraigStern

I've fixed a few issues surrounding the use of scripts, including the one you mentioned. ;)

Now working on fixing the map editor.

bugfartboy

Just downloaded the installer. I'm getting an error message. "Telepath Tactics.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

CraigStern

I just downloaded and ran the game's installer and it worked fine. It sounds like your copy might have been corrupted. I'd try downloading it again.

On the map editor front: I just fixed a ton of problems with the map editor. ;)

bugfartboy

I've been trying. Deleted the installer download, and redownloaded. Same error.