News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The early access bug reporting thread

Started by CraigStern, February 18, 2013, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Within the install directory, look for application.xml; it might be in the subdirectory META-INF > AIR. That should have the version number in it. I'll look into this other stuff. :)

EDIT: Aha! I found the causes of all of these bugs and fixed them. The installers have been updated online, if you wanna give it another try!

Nendrel

Quote from: CraigStern on August 05, 2013, 12:46:39 PM
Within the install directory, look for application.xml; it might be in the subdirectory META-INF > AIR. That should have the version number in it. I'll look into this other stuff. :)

EDIT: Aha! I found the causes of all of these bugs and fixed them. The installers have been updated online, if you wanna give it another try!

It works! I'm watching the version number on the main menu. The Frozen Heart campaign is fixed too. Good Job!

CraigStern

jhocking

Quote from: CraigStern on August 05, 2013, 12:46:39 PM

Version number is visible and Frozen Heart is working, was it something general like bad formatting in xml files or something? I hate when that happens.

CraigStern

Something weirder: AIR apparently takes the XML file containing your application info and renames it, then sticks it in a totally different directory after you install the program. (With everything else, it just duplicates the directory structure you use when building the game, so i had no idea it was doing this with the application XML file.)

JeenLeen

Just installed and tried a game in the Tavern map (3 players: 1 human as player 1, 2 and 3 as CPU).

When it started, the map was around my units (player 1), but it wasn't my turn.  The pop-up showing whose turn it is didn't happen.  But, when I clicked on one of player 3's character, I could move it (but not use actions.)  If I hit F1 + Resume, nothing happened, while in similar bugs that usually got the CPU to start working again.  But if I hit F1 + Surrender, one unit on player 3's team vanished.  I eventually got the entire team to go away like this, and it went to player 2 (which acted normally), then to player 1 (me.)  I hit F1 + Surrender (worked normally) and player 2 won.

Edit: I tried it again and this time player 2 (still CPU) went first.  Also, the map started out centered on that unit... maybe I misremembered and it start out centered on player 3.  But I realized I could only move 1 unit and then do nothing else.  But if I hit F1 + Resume, I could then move a second unit of player 2's.  I imagine the same thing was happening earlier, but I just didn't realize it.

Edit 2 (new topic): on the Frozen Hearts campaign, if I go to the square that triggers whether or not to leave the camp and choose to not leave, the option doesn't come up again if I go back to the same square.  Seems it should.
Also, if I have the lizardman shove, it ends his turn (he grays out and cannot move).  Not sure if that's intentional or not, but seemed like a bug.

Lastly, it just went to a black screen showing 'Loading' and nothing else (waited a few minutes).  I imagine it's just still in the works, but I wanted to mention it.

bugfartboy

on the Frozen Hearts campaign, if I go to the square that triggers whether or not to leave the camp and choose to not leave, the option doesn't come up again if I go back to the same square.  Seems it should.
I don't think that's a bug. Last I knew, the game doesn't support specific dialog being triggered more than once per battle at the moment.

CraigStern

Quote from: JeenLeen on August 09, 2013, 11:01:54 PMWhen it started, the map was around my units (player 1), but it wasn't my turn.  The pop-up showing whose turn it is didn't happen.  But, when I clicked on one of player 3's character, I could move it (but not use actions.)  If I hit F1 + Resume, nothing happened, while in similar bugs that usually got the CPU to start working again.  But if I hit F1 + Surrender, one unit on player 3's team vanished.  I eventually got the entire team to go away like this, and it went to player 2 (which acted normally), then to player 1 (me.)  I hit F1 + Surrender (worked normally) and player 2 won.

Ah, sorry--I just realized, I uploaded an old build. I've just updated, if you want to try again.

Quote from: JeenLeen on August 09, 2013, 11:01:54 PMif I have the lizardman shove, it ends his turn (he grays out and cannot move).  Not sure if that's intentional or not, but seemed like a bug.

Ah; that shouldn't be happening. I'll fix that.

Quote from: JeenLeen on August 09, 2013, 11:01:54 PMLastly, it just went to a black screen showing 'Loading' and nothing else (waited a few minutes).  I imagine it's just still in the works, but I wanted to mention it.

Yup, it's still in the works. :)

bugfartboy

I copied and pasted "Shadowport" from the Multiplayer Attacks.xml into my campagin Attacks.xml. When in my campaign, it doesn't work.

What happens is that my shadowling does it's "cast" animation, and does 0 damage to an invincible boulder on my map.

Video Demonstration

CraigStern

Well, you changed the name of the attack; since there's no corresponding animation by that name, it's instead using the default animation for that character ("Cast"). You need to copy-paste the Data > Characters > Attacks > Shadowport folder, rename it to Shadowport3, and rename the animation to Shadowling_Shadowport3.png if you want to use the teleport animation for that attack.

In turn, something about the fact that it's using the Cast animation is causing the problem where it behaves like a non-Move attack; I think it might be that it's not enough frames. I'll see if I can figure it out.

bugfartboy

It doesn't seem that "IfGoneGoTo" is working correctly for me.

<Dialog branch="1">
    OnTurn/0/The Game/Checking Azure Orb
    <Action>IfGoneGoTo/Azure Orb,2</Action>
    <Action>GiveItem/The Hero,Azure Orb</Action>
    <Action>IfValGoTo/Dialog,=,1,2</Action>
    <Reply>.../EndConv/</Reply>
  </Dialog>

The above is a sample of how I'm using it. It's supposed to determine if the character I named "Azure Orb" is present. When it is present, it's intended to give The Hero, the item "Azure Orb". The trouble is, I noticed it hasn't been giving The Hero the item.

CraigStern

Azure Orb is the actual name of a character?

bugfartboy

Yes. I even created Resting Sprites for it to use.

CraigStern

bugfartboy

It shouldn't be. I designated it as being part of the player's team (Team 0).