News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The early access bug reporting thread

Started by CraigStern, February 18, 2013, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunnel-Master

Fantastic. Thank you! I just finished the mission, so all is right with the world again.

Tunnel-Master

Me again! Sorry to post again so soon. I'm still playing version 0.92. I've finished several more missions, but now I've noticed that the game hangs up during the bridge battle whenever Ebon Raban is about to move. This has happened twice now, so it appears to be a pattern.

CraigStern

Tunnel-Master

Oh, right. I think this is the most recent one. (The timestamp looks about right, at least.) Good luck!

CraigStern

Ah! I think that's one I actually just fixed the other day. I'm uploading a new build right now, but try updating in an hour or two. ;)

bugfartboy

Unsure if it's a bug or a feature, but a few seconds after an OnAttackSelect trigger the character that triggered it deselects their attack, especially during the tutorial.  While it isn't that big of a deal, it's a little frustrating for scripts that depend on the trigger.

Tunnel-Master

Well, as of version 0.94, I'm still running into that freezing bug in the bridge mission; and unfortunately, this last time, the game didn't seem to produce a log when it went south. :-/ In case it matters, I'm guessing that Ebon Raban is trying to charge his target when he's attempting to make his move (which is when the game's been freezing), but since there's still water separating them, he won't be able to reach them. I've seen those "can't reach target" messages in earlier playthroughs, but they haven't caused the game to hang up before.

This last observation isn't exactly a bug, but it's been happening pretty consistently to me since I started replaying this mission: almost every time that the Ebon engineer places his charges on the bridge, another Ebon character has been caught in the blast. It's usually a cavalier that attacks the charges before a mentalist or crossbowman has a chance to finish them off, although this last time, it was actually another mentalist who hadn't taken his turn before a different mentalist used gravity spike on the charges. And while the cavalier/mentalist who's caught in the blast has always survived the explosion, he's never able to swim out of the water after falling in, regardless of how much energy he has. While this is kind of amusing to watch and it's sort of doing the player a favor, it obviously isn't very realistic that the bad guys would so blatantly damage their own forces; but I don't know how much of a priority realism is for you at this point, on the eve of the release. Those are just my two cents.

CraigStern

Quote from: Tunnel-Master on March 25, 2015, 09:41:59 PMIn case it matters, I'm guessing that Ebon Raban is trying to charge his target when he's attempting to make his move (which is when the game's been freezing), but since there's still water separating them, he won't be able to reach them.

Is this something that happens only when your characters make it toward the left end of the bridge? Or is he trying to charge right to hit Harynx or Meridian as they hover over the water, perhaps? (I just tested it with Scarlet below him on the bridge and couldn't get it to freeze.)

Do me a favor and hit L to force the game to generate a log if this happens again; it'll help me a lot with fixing it! :)

Tunnel-Master

This one seems to be a real doozie. I tried a couple more times, but even tapping L didn't give me a log file; all that it gave me was a Windows error message. I'm attaching a screenshot of one of my hangups, but it's pretty much what you already guessed: I just have some character (in this case, Meridian) a few spaces to the right of the cliff that Ebon is perched on. I could give you the code of the error message, on the off chance that that's helpful?

CraigStern

Ah! Got it. Thanks for the extra details. :)

If there's no log, it might be that the game's caught in an infinite loop of some kind. I'll look into this!

Tunnel-Master

Thank you for resolving the infinite loop issue in the bridge mission. I was able to finish that mission to my satisfaction the other day. At one point along the way, I actually had three enemy characters get caught by the exploding charges, which prompted the Ebon mentalists to try to telekinetically pull their comrades out of the water to no avail. (You can see this yourself in the enclosed screenshot.) Perhaps if bad guys do end up falling through the bridge when the bomb goes off, can they at least be able to swim out of the water afterwards?

In the next mission, I've attempted to get the loot that the Coria Dog Dastard is carrying, but alas, the battle ends as soon as you kill him. (I was hoping to avoid this by keeping another bad guy alive to the end of the mission, but that didn't work out either.) What are your thoughts about that?

bugfartboy

The map display does not update when a character or object's location is changed via edit window in the Map Editor.

I think it has something to do with leaving the spritetype parameter of the character blank, but the game froze and generated 470 log files before I forced it to close after I had a character launch Dark Vortex.  Here are the log files.

-EDIT-
Just changed the spritetype to Fencer and that fixed the issue.  The game doesn't like characters without an assigned sprite.

bugfartboy

In multiplayer (Default mode at least) Barudit don't receive names.  From what I can tell, the CharNames file has names for race "Lizardman", but CharClasses still lists them as being of race "Lissit".

CraigStern

Quote from: bugfartboy on April 16, 2015, 10:35:00 AM
In multiplayer (Default mode at least) Barudit don't receive names.

Thanks--I noticed that while we were playing matches at the release party last night!

I just fixed it; it'll be in the next update. (For now, if you want to fix it yourself, all you have to do is replace the two instances of Lizardman with Lissit in CharNames.xml in the multiplayer ruleset folder you're using. That should do it.)