The Sinister Design Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Author Topic: vs CPU and multi-player questions  (Read 1699 times)

JeenLeen

• Mechanic Captain
    • View Profile
vs CPU and multi-player questions
« on: March 22, 2013, 10:36:04 AM »

In the final version of the game, will there be the option for one player vs. multiple computer-control armies, all fighting against one another?  What about 3 players verses 3 CPU (or 2 players verses 4, or any other combination)? 
From the videos I imagine these exist, but want to make sure before I back enough to get a copy of the game, since that's a key selling point for me.

In multi-player, is it all players using the same computer by default (I guess taking turns with the keypad and mouse)?

bugfartboy

• White Cape
    • View Profile
Re: vs CPU and multi-player questions
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 05:10:28 PM »

From what I understand, the game was originally intended to be hot-seat multiplayer. Meaning: yes there is a function for all players to share a computer. I do believe that Craig intends to implement an email based multiplayer. (If it isn't already implemented in the full version of the game.)

CraigStern

• The Creator
  • Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sinister Design
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »

Hey JeenLeen, the full game currently supports up to 6 players in any combination of human or CPU players, either in a free-for-all or on teams of 2 or 3 players. Play-by-email is a definite possibility, as I started coding that a while back before I switched gears to single player focus. It wouldn't be too much work to finish that up before release, I believe.

JeenLeen

• Mechanic Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 08:20:26 AM »

That sounds wonderful and has convinced me to get a copy.  Thank you!