News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

King of the hill

Started by Mopman, February 04, 2010, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelfist

I prepare a suitable vessel - a massive diamond, and link it to myself. I extend my power and link myself to your part of the Hill. Reaching through the Hill into your city's power dispersion system, I reverse the power flow, and drain the city's power completely, transferring the massive power reserves into the diamond. I implant a fear of technology into the citizens, who dismantle the power distribution system. I also watch while they do so, reverse engineering it. I construct one in my palace on a planet. I then break the link between myself and your part of the Hill. I fully shield the planet in an anti teleport, impenetrable, multi dimensional shield. Which is fully sustained by a small diamond, charged with my power, being multiplied by the machine (Which I name: The Amplifier). I then proceed to study necromancy for a few years.

bugfartboy

I reach out and reclaim the energy that is rightfully mine from your diamond and use it to temporarily open a time-space rift to allow me to traverse back into time to warn myself of your plan. I then return to the present and find that I had moved the hill and the city to the middle of the largest and strongest sun in the universe. The city had been flourishing in it's new home and had created technology so advanced that I and my citizens become immortal. This new technology is also so advanced that any attempt to copy it without being one of my immortal citizens is so unsuccessful that those who attempt go insane and enter a coma so deep that no one but my people can bring them out of it. These people have also developed arcane powers that overwhelm yours and prevent any attempt to harm or alter them by any method. Using MY incredibly powerful arcane powers, I erect a one way arcane shield that prevents any outside arcane influence.

Steelfist

However, as soon as you link with my diamond, you link with me. I snap your mind with ease, as you are no match for me in an all out battle, then burn your body to a crisp, thus eliminating your lovely future. A pity. I then modify the shield to prevent arcane forces from crossing, and if anyone tries to drain the shield, they will be drained instead. I then take .5% of the Hill from you. And the other .5% has a note left on it, saying: You couldn't just let things lie, could you?

bugfartboy

What happened to rule number two?
Quote from: Steelfist on December 27, 2010, 06:47:58 PM
2. Another owner of the Hill harming an officially Recognised Owner of a Hill portion or attepting to take their portion of the Hill, will cause the full might of the Recognised Owner Association (everyone who is a Recognised Owner) to be brought down on them.
I gave up tying to grow my hill. But did you let me build up my defenses in peace? Nope. May the full might of the Recognised Owner Association be brought down upon you.

Steelfist

As chairman, I felt that you threatened the security of the HOA, and took appropriate steps. In addition, you attempted to grow your Hill, which I felt was an indirect breach of rules. By attempting to damage my power, in trying to retrieve my power from my diamond, you essentially attacked me. I may have to amend those rules, however.

NOTE THAT THE CHAIRMAN: STEELFIST, OR REPRESENTATIVE: ERSATZ MAN, MAY BREAK OR IGNORE THESE RULES AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION.

IF THE SECURITY OFTHE HOA IS THREATENED, MEMBERS SHOULD BRING THIS TO THE ATTENTION OF A SUPERIOR MEMBER. IF THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE, TAKE APPROPRIATE STEPS.

bugfartboy

How did I break the rules by growing my hill? I did not steal any hill. I did not damage your power, I merely attempted to reclaim my own power that had been stolen by you, which I can consider an attack upon me. And at what point were you appointed chairman? I feel that you have been corrupted and are unworthy of being a member of the HOA.
As a member of the HOA I charge you, Steelfist, with breaking the established rules of the HOA and unfit to be a member and partial hill owner. Therefore, I motion that the member HOA member known as Steelfist by stripped of title and hill.

Steelfist

As the majority owner of the Hill, and founder of the HOA, I strongly suggest that you withdraw your allegations.

You indirectly took from other Hill owners by reducing the value of their property. Usually a grounds for lawsuit, I decided there was no need to go to court to settle it.  ;)

bugfartboy

Yet you also attacked me by attempting to destroy my defenses as was my right as a member of the HOA.

Steelfist

Nope - I simply responded to you siphoning power from me. It was my power in the first place! If I wish to take it back, I can. As for your dispersion system; I simply wanted to ensure that you did not attempt to enlarge the Hill again.

That's right; KOTH is no longer a war! It's a court case!

bugfartboy

I had not siphoned power from you. I was merely harnessing the power that YOU had charged the hill with. Now, is that really me siphoning power from you if you had given it up and threatened me in the process?

Steelfist

Yes, as I at no point gave you permission to use, rent, move or dispose of the power. If you had a problem with my power residing there, contact the local Hill authority (Me) to have it removed.

bugfartboy

You had given it up. You supercharged it and left it on my property. You also threatened me. Because you forsaked your power and you had supercharged MY rightful portion of the hill, I had every right to use that power. And later you stole MY power in addition to destroying my defenses, which I consider an attempt at harming me which is in violation with HOA rule number two.

Steelfist

Bear in mind that you own the Hill portion by the grace of the Chairman of the HOA. I had not forsaken the power; I was storing it while preventing you from attempting to devalue other's property. I simply took back the profits from my power, which you used without my permission. And I did not destroy your defences; Your citizens dismantled it, and I got them to do it for reasons already stated.

bugfartboy

You had stored it there without my consent, which does not mark it as yours.

I refuse to argue with a dictator in an unfair government. And how is increasing my power and defenses lowering the value of others hill pieces?

Steelfist

You increased the value of your Hill peice.

In essense, I decided to disable your ability to enlarge your portion of the Hill, I took appropriate steps, 'punished' you for persisting, and attempting to access my power source. And made a profit.