News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

King of the hill

Started by Mopman, February 04, 2010, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

So you have a thousandth of a percent of the hill? As as you were.

-Edit-
Ducky had 1.5% so you have 0.015% of the hill. Nice.

Steel Ersatz Man

Yo, Steelfist, I propose a coalition of forces, with us controlling over 90%. We can do anything!  :-*

BTW, you will still be in charge, I will just be your right-hand man. And, if it makes you feel better, you can turn me into Steel Ersatz Man (I will change my username accordingly).
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

Steelfist

No problem.

Ater much deliberation, I decide to allow you to become my right hand man and transform you into a steely version of yourself!

We are unstoppable!

ArtDrake

You would take land from the AMISH!?!?

I am happy to own 1.485% of the Hill.

Steelfist

Ahem. To lay down ground rules:

1. Anyone may defend their portion of Hill, in any way they choose, without breaking any other rules.

2. Another owner of the Hill harming an officially Recognised Owner of a Hill portion or attepting to take their portion of the Hill, will cause the full might of the Recognised Owner Association (everyone who is a Recognised Owner) to be brought down on them.

3. Any non-owner of the Hill, may attempt to take a portion of the Hill from anyone. However, a Recognised owner may take any steps they deem neccessary to retrieve it.

4. Any owner of a portion of Hill may petition to become officially recognised.

5. If anyone takes 100% of the Hill, all other recognised owners will attack them and attempt to return the Hill to it's divided state.

Clear? Good, recognised owners are:

Buggy, Duckling, Ersatz Man, Zack, and I.

bugfartboy

Who is "I"? I assume you mean yourself, Steelfist.

ArtDrake

I promptly steal back .015% of the Hill from Chrono upon noticing that he's not on the recognised owners list.

Duck: 1.5%

And "I" is a subject pronoun. "me" is the object pronoun, and goes last. Just FYI. Sorry.

Steelfist

Yes I was referring to myself, and I am aware I broke an insignificant grammatical rule. However, since it is obviously a major problem, I shall correct it, shall I?

bugfartboy

I use my somewhat limited arcane powers to grow my percent of the hill to increase it's size to 5% without physically taking any hill from any of the other recognized hill co-owners.

Steelfist

Due to the arcane link between all pieces of the Hill, the magic rebounds across, causing your part of the Hill to be returned to proportion as the rest of the Hill grows too.

bugfartboy

I sever the link between my hill portion and the rest of the hill portions, as is my right, and repeat the process. My hill portion grows till it is officially 5% of the total hill while the rest of the hill pieces remain unchanged.

Steelfist

In order to avoid the tedious mathematics involved in working out the new percentages, I shrink your part of the hill back to normal.

bugfartboy

However, due to the law of the conservation of mass, you merely compacted the hill. It's mass is still the same and I still have the equivalent of 5% of the hill. So in truth, you just made it travel easy. Many thanks, Steelfist.

Steelfist

I resize your portion of the Hill, and grow all other parts of the Hill untill yours is back in proportion. I then supercharge your part of the Hill, meaning that if any power is used towards it the power will automatically rebound and release, completely vaporising everything within around a kilometre, and also the person who used the magic.

bugfartboy

I use my arcane powers, backed by the superpower of the hill, to call people to me who settle down and form a city, powered by the energy of the hill, who provide both cover and support for me while using the power of the hill, absorbing the total output of the hill's energy. Over a decade, with me as the city's unspoken ruler, the hill's arcane energy is depleted. The city has developed the ability to take a small amount of energy and multiply it without any source and had used the last of the hills energy to support the city for the rest of it existence. But I leave the energy dispersion system online to prevent the hill from being supercharged again.