News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

King of the hill

Started by Mopman, February 04, 2010, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrono

Officially Chrono. HK-47 is not given the privilege to post on my behalf, but only to carry out orders. And HK-47 just love masters who take control of the situation.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

ArtDrake

I remain a neutral power, not really being a power. More like Switzerland. Speaking of which, does anyone want to hold war crimes conventions and chocolate shops on my section of Hill?

bugfartboy

However, we still need to set up and vote on some rules before we fall apart.

Chrono

Rule #1. Obey the Ten Commandments unless absolutely necessary to do otherwise (Thou shall not kill unless directly under threat of being killed)

[/spoiler]

ArtDrake

Oh, HECK NO!

I will NOT honour mine mother and father.

I shall NOT worship the "Lord thy God".

I SHALL covet my neighbor's goods -- I like keeping the economy going!

I SHALL steal when appropriate.

NO RELIGION SHALL COMMAND MY ACTIONS.

Chrono

Never mind... Maybe you'll come up with some of the rules?

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

I was thinking more:

1. Only DHoA members (Aka: DHoA Council members) may have a portion of the hill.

2. The above rule does not apply if a DHoA member bestows a small portion of their hill upon a non member.

3. Limits on the reciever of a small portion are as follows
  A) They are allowed to keep thier hill portion without fear
  B) They cannot attempt to obtain more hill without approval by the Council
  C) The do not have the right to place a vote in a DHoA Council meeting unless permission is granted by a majority of Council members.

4. DHoA members and non-members alike shall not attempt to steal and/or increase their hill portion in percentage by any means.

5. To become a member of the DHoA, you will be required to submit your name to the Council for debate. If a majority of the Council votes in your favor, the hill portion sizes will be readjusted until all members are equal in Hill portion size.

6. There shall be no amendments or exceptions to these rules without a majority vote by the members of the Council

Punishment Clause: Any attempt to violate or amend any of the said rules without approval of a majority of Council members can result in but is not limited to:

1) Stripping of hill and title as seen fit by a majority of Council members
2) Banning from the DHoA as seen fit by a majority of Council members
3) Any other punishment as seen fit by a majority of Council members

I now ask the Council to evaluate these proposed set of rules and decide if they are fit to rule us.

Chrono

I agree and will propose changes/amendments when necessary. VOTE:

Yay:
Fyer/Buggy
Chrono

[/spoiler]

Zackirus

Because of the DHoA(Yes I Agree), I see a perfect opportunity to set up a harmless maple syrup business and position it near everybody's hill and various hot locations for maple syrup. I then donate 18% my hill back to everyone else, seeing as I don't really like huge portions of the hill.

My Maple Syrup Slogan: Just Like Canada Used To Make. Anyone want to buy some?

(P.S: Ducky, my Maple Syrup are on your hill and are going to beat the chocolate shops :P).

Ducky: 24.5%
Buggy:24.5%
Duskie-Poo:24.5%
Chrono:24.5%
Zack:2%

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Chrono

Feeling generous and needing more sugar, I buy both maple syrup and chocolate ;D

Zack, you're essentially killing yourself off if you give that much land away. I return 4.5% of the hill to you as a sign of goodwill.

Ducky: 24.5%
Fyer/Buggy: 24.5%
Duskling: 24.5%
Chrono: 20%
Zack: 6.5%

[/spoiler]

Zackirus

Fine, I redo my movement of giving the hill back to everyone, I just wanted... nevermind. I hope everyone accepts this, and I give Chrono back his 4.5% of the hill too.

Ducky: 20%
Zack:20%
Buggy:20%
Duskie-Poo:20%
Chrono:20%

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

I wrote one that was a bit more extensive. Sign your username if you agree.

[spoiler=Hill Owner's Constitution]Admitted, the ten commandments does have some of the right ideas.

How about:

I, ____________ , registered Hill Owner, do agree to abide by these following conditions:

• That I shall not make an unauthorized1 or unannounced2 attack on any other Hill owner's Hill.
  • That I shall respect the right of other Hill Owners to remain neutral3 in conflicts over Hill Ownership, and live peacefully.
  • That I shall not recognize another Hill Owner as such unless to gain power they have adhered to the rules of conduct4 during battle.
  • That I shall not terrorize, maim, kill, torture, or otherwise obstruct the life, liberty, property rights of innocent civilians, or their right to the persuit of happiness.
  • That I shall not have goings-on on my Hill portion that would take more than five years in one post5.

Defined Terms:

Unauthorized: a Hill Owner's assault on another's Hill portion is unauthorized if the former or the latter has chosen to become a neutral power.

Unannounced: a Hill Owner's assault on another's Hill portion is unannounced if former has not announced their intentions to attack the latter's Hill Portion.

Neutrality: A Hill Owner is neutral if they chose not to partake in ANY WAY in the struggle for Hill portions. After at least one page of non-aggression, a Hill Owner may petition to become neutral, at which point they gain the appropriate protections. If a Hill Owner wishes to shed Neutral status, they may petition to do so at any time, and after a one-post period, they may resume aggression.

Rules of Conduct: If a Hill Owner wishes to attack another Hill Owner, they must announce their intentions to do so, at which point the defending Hill Owner must present a list of their defenses. Neither Hill Owner, attacker or defender, may attack or be attacked, or petition to become neutral during this time, until the defender presents a list of their defenses. Important: if the defender is online, they have ten posts to post a list of their defenses, or their defenses are NOT RECOGNIZED. If the defender is offline, they must announce their arrival when they return if they suspect that they were attacked, at which point the attacker must reannounce their attack within ten posts, or the attack is voided. If the defender has not returned by five pages after an attack, the attacker may proceed with the attack, ignoring any defenses. If a Hill Owner is on vacation, they may say so, at which point they become effectively neutral; anyone attacking must wait until the defender returns from vacation if and only if they have announced that they are taking a vacation.

If a defender's defenses are listed, the attacker must list rational actions to be taken in response to each level of defense. If a level of defense is deemed to be impenetrable, or Godmod, by the attacker, the attacker must call it to the attention of the Council6, and take a vote on whether the defense is Godmod. If so, the attacker automatically wins. If the attacker overlooks a piece of the defender's defense, the defender automatically wins. If the attacker wins, they claim 50% of their opponent's Hill, and may not attack the Owner's Hill until at least five attacks later.

Post: A post in which action takes place. Commentary does not count as a post, nor does double-posting.

Council: The organization or group of all five currently recognized Hill Owners. If a Hill Owner is eliminated, they are no longer on the council. If a new player becomes a Hill Owner, they are not on the Council automatically. If there is a slot vacant, as a result of elimination, a newcomer must immediately be placed on the Council. If a newcome wishes to be on the council, they must announce which Council member's position they are challenging. The seat is voted upon by the five council members, including the challenged one. If the newcomer is voted in, the Council seat belongs to them, and the old Council member is stripped of their Council status. The Council is the general judging body for settling disputes over the rules.

If any of these rules are violated in a post, the post is not to be acknowledged, and the relevant portion of the rules cited.

Terminology:

Hill and Hill Portion are to be used interchangeably.

Petition is synonomous with calling to an affirmation by a Council member that is not the petitioning party.

Defender, Defense, and Defending Hill Owner are to be used interchangeably here, not to be confused with a defense.

Attacker, Offense, and Attacking Hill Owner are to be used interchangeably here.

This document needs four-fifths acceptance to be ratified as the Home Owner's constitution.[/spoiler]

And I still have 20 percent of the Hill. Good.

bugfartboy

That, I think is overdoing it a bit much. So may I assume that your vote on the other suggested rules is a nay?

Chrono

It seems like a modification rather than a nay.

How should we know that "newcomer" isn't another account of an existing forum member, council or not? We would have to have that in the constitution or rules.

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

Ducky, I think the you would make an excellent Congressman. You can make something so long and complicated that means something other than it looks like. Why do we need a limit on the council size?