News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

King of the hill

Started by Mopman, February 04, 2010, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

Should I modify it so they have to have at least 50 posts to be on the council?

Remember, a large part of this is going to have to be honor code.

We need a limit on the council size so that it's always an odd number, and only the people we think can make good decisions can make them.

And it's only what it looks like. I put a lot of thought into this, considering all ways people could be cheated and tried to get rid of them. It's not trying to look like what it's not, ex-Buggy.

bugfartboy

Ducky... This isn't the US constitution. It needs to be long enough to cover all the bases but small enough to be easily readable. Why make it complicated? And if we got another Council member, it's still possible to get a majority vote. I think all the major hill portion owners need to be on the council. That means everyone who wants to be recognized as a hill owner gets to represent themselves. Not just 5 power hungry politicians. And how would the challenge go? Remember when I challenged Duskling for the title "Master of Shadow"? The title went to a tie between a randome stranger walking in the dark and KZ. I have a feeling that the challenge for Council would end up pretty much like that.

ArtDrake

You're not making any sense. This is easily readable. I use accessible language, not lawyerspeak, and it's only complicated so as to make it nigh impossible to break the rules.

This is about as complicated as the rules of Monopoly. I'm making certain assuptions here about the integrity of Hill Owners.

And since when have you heard of of some random stranger in the dark winning a presidential election, or a House seat, or a Senate seat? Never.

We don't ask for your opinions about the random stranger walking in the dark, or KZ; we ask about the two candidates; it's like the security council in the UN, as there are some mostly permanent members, and there is some rotation.

And since when does being on the Council mean you get representation? It's mostly responsibility, and little power. What does the average Hill Owner lack that they would get by being on the Council? A title? It's not the "politicians" that are power-hungry. It's you.

bugfartboy

So what do your proposed set of rules cover that mine don't? When I read it it looked to me that there was no punishment for stealing a members hill.

ArtDrake

There's no punishment because it didn't happen. And never can happen. That's what mine says.
Quote from: Duckling on January 08, 2011, 12:09:55 PM
If any of these rules are violated in a post, the post is not to be acknowledged, and the relevant portion of the rules cited.

Should there be a more extensive punishment? I say, to quote your god incarnate, "Turn the other cheek".

I don't think there should be a punishment, just pointing out that you can't do that. And if they went through the proper measures of stealing a militant hill there's no problem. If a Hill owner wants to be left alone, they can be neutral, like me.

But with mine, not yours, there is a way to deal with the fact that some people get no Hill, and some get 20%; it gives them a chance to steal Hill portions, if the Hill they steal from is an actively militant Hill.

And if no one is going to start the whole thing, I declare myself non-neutral.

bugfartboy

Ducky. Could you specify where exactly the bible says "Turn the other cheek"? Or are you just assuming that it's there? And don't blame me for bringing this in here. That was you. And by punishment I meant the whole of the DHoA coming down on the thief to crush them and return the hill to it's owner.

ArtDrake

There is no need for punishment if the deed never happened. It might not have as well have, for if the punishment were to be exacted, nothing happens to the person at the other end, other than a slight gratification in that they've done something evil. If we ignore them, that's punishment and incentive enough for them to read the rules.

And I had heard that Jesus Christ taught to turn the other cheek. If I'm wrong, then I apologize for not paying enough attention to it.

I issue a challenge upon Chrono's portion of the Hill. Please list your defenses, Chrono.

Chrono

Defenses? Why would peace-loving protocol droids carry weapons? Just kidding.

Besides that, didn't I state in my ending that I was neutral?
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

Ah. But Ducky is non-neutral. And he's going by rules that weren't officially accepted by the council. And we all know that that's how Steelfist came into power to begin with. And a negative times a positive equals a negative. Good luck Chrono. I offer to shield you from Ducky.

ArtDrake

Oh, sorry. I didn't hear the neutral bit. I withdraw my challenge, knowing this. Thank you for posting in accordance with Section B, Paragraph 2, Codum VI.

I hereby issue a challenge to the Hill portion of Steelfist. Please list your defenses, Steelfist.

Steel Ersatz Man

Before you get to Steelfist, you have to go through me!  8)

My defenses are as follows:

1. Gun Turrets (Approx 1000)
2. Warriors made entirely out of steel (Approx 50 000)
3. One fully built, 20 story high, castle made of stone with some added steel plating
4. The castle is unhospitable to any life other than steel life due to it's changeable temparature and lack of oxygen, this also helps us not rust.
5. You MUST go through the castle to get to Steelfist (I don't know why, lets say there's a wall or something)
6. And, finally, me.  :-*
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

bugfartboy

Ducky, Steelfist was stripped of his hill.

ArtDrake

Oh. Whoops. I thought he was on the list. That's two blunders.

I hereby issue a challenge to Steel Ersatz Man, and simply ask that he acknowledge the challenge, as he was already listed his defenses.

Duskling

I shall assist Duckling in his challenge of the (Neo?) Steel Cult, what with pressurized, oxygen-providing suits being an almost obsolete piece of equipment with many newer, lighter, self-sustaining, more advanced models on the market, brand-new energy shields already being mass-produced, and anti-projectile armor, attacking the castle will be easy as pie.

Chrono

Quote from: Fyer on January 11, 2011, 06:56:35 AM
And he's going by rules that weren't officially accepted by the council.
Oops, I forgot to sign it ;D

Done! Back to my temporary peaceful slumber.

I postpone my peaceful slumber and send 20,000 HK units (I repeat, you are UNABLE to convert them from this point!!) to aid Duckling / Duskling against SEM. All of them carry shock weapons that are especially lethal against Steel Cult steel. I send them to attack SEM from another direction so that allied casualties are prevented.

P.S. Rubber suits holding my passcode are under development and will be distributed to allies whenever I am non-neutral.

P.P.S. Neutrality will resume when the Steel Cult is defeated. I am only settling old scores :-[
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]