News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

King of the hill

Started by Mopman, February 04, 2010, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

Infraction 1: Insulting America.
Infraction 2: Calling yourself God.
Infraction 3: Excessive use of God-modding, claiming solar-scale powers for your henchmen.
Infraction 4: Control of other players.
   a) Also did so by attempting to use another player's methods against them, without understanding the methods.
Infractions 5, 6, 7, and 8: Doing more god-modding without a valid explanation as to your methods. You need remedial training in acceptable uses of god-modding.
Infraction 9: Direct assault on the instance of another player's persona and insisting on its permanence.
Infraction 10: A direct insult to another player.

It is due to these 10 infractions that I choose to revoke your powers of narrative causality within the spheres of my influence. To be clear, you can plot, speak, think out loud, and suggest ideas, but you cannot in any way make things happen.

Duskling's Hill.

Duskling

Meh, too much seriousness for me. Though I will not just give up the Hill, as it is mine now(?), antimatter cannons online, anti-arcane shields also online (Reflecting whatever sort of magic you want to use), and all that jazz, but what I will do is pretty much forfeit and spectate (But may possibly return later).

So, in short, my Hill until someone comes and takes it from me.

ArtDrake

I go and take tea with maple syrup with Ert and Zack. Too much seriousness for me, too.

bugfartboy

Prehaps the mirror will join Zack, Ert, and now Ducky. I really don't appreciate Steelfist attempting to define my own powers against me. So...

Cheers!

ArtDrake

Steelfist

If you aren't Duckling, as this is mainly directed in way of answer to his post, you may as well skip the spoiler as my main point is below.

Too much seriousness, Duckling? I quite agree, though I wasn't being serious. However, this:

[spoiler]
Quote from: Duckling on January 16, 2012, 12:56:26 PM
Infraction 1: Insulting America.
Infraction 2: Calling yourself God.
Infraction 3: Excessive use of God-modding, claiming solar-scale powers for your henchmen.
Infraction 4: Control of other players.
   a) Also did so by attempting to use another player's methods against them, without understanding the methods.
Infractions 5, 6, 7, and 8: Doing more god-modding without a valid explanation as to your methods. You need remedial training in acceptable uses of god-modding.
Infraction 9: Direct assault on the instance of another player's persona and insisting on its permanence.
Infraction 10: A direct insult to another player.

It is due to these 10 infractions that I choose to revoke your powers of narrative causality within the spheres of my influence. To be clear, you can plot, speak, think out loud, and suggest ideas, but you cannot in any way make things happen.

Duskling's Hill.

1. Hardly. It was a joke. And given the fact that I was declared to be being fought for the American way, does this not make the American way my opponent; surely this would excuse some harmless banter, even if you do have a rather sensitive view of an insult.
2. No, I called myself A god. Not the supreme creator, if you believe that. And I'm not even sure why this is an infraction.
3.+4.+5.+6.+7. 8. I'll cover later. And they really should have come under one heading.
9. Is a common enough 'offence'; I'm fairly sure you've killed a persona before. And I didn't insist. I merely pointed out that what I had done was done, so any argument must first invalidate what I'd done by pointing out how it was prevented.
10. Because it was a childish response. Besides, you are a Duckling; an infant Duck, no?[/spoiler]

Rather suggest you were. So no, I wasn't taking this particularly seriously, but I will respond to your seriousness with a similar seriousness. Well, only to show you how ridiculous your argument is.

So, if you can revoke my right to do stuff, what is to stop me from revoking your right to revoke my right?

Under the infraction of Mod-modding (Attempting to ban me from play) I revoke your right (if you ever possessed it) to revoke the rights of others. See, as this is retrospective, you never had the right to revoke my rights, and it therefore never took effect. So, yay, I can do stuff. But wait; you were being too serious - doesn't that mean I shouldn't pay attention to your post, as you appeared to have ignored mine in every respect except to list it's 'infractions'? Therefore the Hill is mine.

I don't really take this game seriously, it's just an opportunity to think creatively, and to a lesser extent strategically. I really don't appreciate talk of infractions. (Thie following is me covering God modding, by the way) How did Duskling this anti-arcane shield? What is it made of, powered by? How does it work? He came up with it from the ground up, from what I can see; I've never heard of it in any fiction, or fantasy. How did he raise the capital to build massive cannons, and claim Jupiter as his own? And your Pladins and automatons? What of them. There was some psuedoscience explanation for the automatons, sure, but the Paladins were barely described. Surely all these things are godmodding, and yet you deem it 'acceptable' in your instance. Why? It's insultingly superior. Now, my tone is arrogant in this game. I know that. It's deliberate, and fits with the 'persona' of the Steel God. But now you are speaking, listing my transgressions not as Duckling, the character, but as Duckling, the player. And it irritates me. So I say this because when you list transgressions, you make it personal. And I'd prefer not to have someone I actively disliked on a forum I generally enjoy belonging to; it would kinda spoil it, wouldn't it?

I did my best to win against overwhelming odds. And I think I made a good job of it, too. So what's the problem? If your defences in some way prevented it, and you are petty enough to ruin what was overall a decent response to the situation, feel free to point out how.

ArtDrake

You did your best to win against overwhelming odds by giving yourself the power to utterly and completely control every single being that ever pledged allegience to me retroactively. If that's your idea of fair, I quit.

Steelfist

While whether you do or do not quit is rather irrelevent to me, I meant no offence. I didn't say fair, but neither was it fair to 'gang up' on me. I wasn't complaining. I simply spotted the fact that as your mind was within the paladins you had a weak spot. I took the only course of action I could use to take advantage of it. There may have been another way to do so without offending you, but I didn't spend much time deliberating over it.

Now, it appears obvious that you are, for some reason, angry with me. I'm not sure why (I'm guessing you feel I cheated). Nor do I care, in all honesty, as this is a game. One that has rapidly become rather less fun; I doubt I'll be playing until it picks back up again. But it doesn't really have rules - so nobody can really break them. And trying to enforce rules on it hasn't worked in the past.

Just let it go, move on. Unless you have a genuine problem with me, I suggest it isn't worth arguing over.

Now, in the spirit of 'I can't be bothered with this crap' - I hereby . . . eat the Hill. You heard me. I ate it. You're just going to have to wait until I pass it before you can have it. And anyone who is willing to claim it after that deserves to keep it.

Ertxiem

Ahem:
Quote from: Ertxiem on April 20, 2010, 04:32:01 PM
I put on my "useless dirt" a pile of my manure until it reaches 200m above sea level. My hill. Literally.

Oh well, it's always good to have a companion in ideas... or maybe not, since we had disgusting ideas! At least I haven't eaten the hill. :P

We should all lighten up. It's just a game! I prefer to play it to have a laugh.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Duskling

Well, since this took a major dive, I'll also join Zack, Ducky, and Ert for maple syrup, since it longer matters to me whether or not it is of parasitic nature. :D

Cheers!

Steelfist

*Rubs hands with evil glee*

Yes, drink. Drink. Soon your minds shall be under my control!

*Evil laughter*

Duskling

Quote from: SteelFist on January 24, 2012, 10:09:35 AM
*Rubs hands with evil glee*

Yes, drink. Drink. Soon your minds shall be under my control!

*Evil laughter*
I was referring to Zack's
Quote from: Zackirus on December 09, 2011, 12:39:27 PM
"Special" Maple Syrup
, made a living entity back here (Before there, actually, but that's the most recent post regarding it that I could find).

Quote from: Zackirus on December 09, 2011, 12:39:27 PM
I notice that the Steel Empire is going to rise up again I get out my "Special" Maple Syrup and drink some, turning me back into my maple syrup form. I then collect all of my previous weapons from my basement and suit up. A List of Which:

[spoiler]Armour:

- Night Vision/Thermal Eyes/X-Ray Vision/Ultraviolet Sensors (For eyes)
- A Respiratory System, that gives me oxygen (never runs out)
- A voice box that can change my voice (preset: my voice) includes Translator
- Gravity Boots (allows me to walk up walls and float)
- A Jet Pack (with infinite fuel) coupled with a Set of Wings
- A Shield System (defects mostly everything)
- A Hologram system (Allows me to change how I look [preset:old human body]) and a Cloaking Device (Cannot be detected by thermals)
- A In-Tangible System (Walk Through Most Objects/Shields)
- Auto Healing of Armour, Gear, and Myself
- A Screen that shows all the vital information
- A Time Machine and Dimensional Transporter and Teleporter
- A System that allows me to pick up to 20,000 pounds
- A Communications system (Almost Un-hackable)
- A Source of Food (Infinite)
- Space and Water Equiped
- A Infinite Power Source

Gear:

- Canadian Hockey Uniform (Un-Penetrable and is able to morph into anything else and make me become cloaked/intangible [hides everything else aswell])
- A Goalies Mask (That Never Breaks, Provides optical information about everything and works a gas mask)
- Hockey Gloves that can increase my Strength allowing me to dig quickly and pick up heavy stuff (up to: 10,000 Kg)
- A Cape (Canadian Flag)
- Skates that can change their from (preset: Skates) (Ability to walk up walls and float)
- A Hockey Stick (Wood, Can't break, and cuts through most substances)
- Hockey Pucks, Different Types: (Explosive, Fire, etc.)
- A Lacrosse Stick (Can't Break, cuts through most substances)
- Lacrosse Balls, Different Types: (Sleep Gas, Smoke, Sticky, Flash, Freeze, etc.)
- A Paddle (Can't Break, cuts through most substances) Can shoot different Materials (Snow, Ice, Water, Maple Syrup, etc.)
- A Backpack that releases Robotic Beavers under my control that can eat through mostly everything (Backpack also plays the Canadian Anthem)
- The Backpack that is a Jetpack and a set of wings
- The Backpack can also transform into a robotic Moose (Car, Plane, Sub, Space-Ship, Dimensional Transporter, Time Machine)
- The Blue Nose: Fastest Sail Boat Ever! (Can't be destroyed, Includes Repair Centre, Only I or Robotic Mountie can control, extra defences)
- The Moose can be also be used to attack people (Lazers, Guns, Antlers, Gases, Etc.)

Robotic Mounties: (50 Currently Active, X Number Created)

- Assortment of different Weapons (Guns, Lazers, Gases, etc.)  
- Un-Hackable or Controlled
- Can survive in any environment
- Cannot not be easily destroyed (parts form back together if destroyed)
- Connected to my Un-hackable Commications
- Able to Teleport/Become Intangible/Become Invisible/Change Appearance/Talk in Every Language
- Can Fly and Walk Up Walls, Jetpack and Wings
- Includes Robotic Horse that has same abilities as Moose
- Infinite Power Source
- Look Like Mounties

Canadian Lair:

- Automatic Base Defences (Gas, Guns, Lazers, Oil, etc.)
- Requires DNA from Myself, Robotic Code, (Plus a password) or Myself Opening it to Enter
- Holds X amount of Mounties
- 99% Indestructible
- Can Fly, Teleport, Turn Invisible, Move, go into Space/Water/Underground, Go Through Time/Dimensions
- Can repair my amour and my gear
- Commications Systems are Stored Here
- Includes Lab and Area for Living and Infinite Food/Maple Syrup Supply
- Can Transform in a Giant Robot, with me controlling robotically or manually
- Almost Un-hackable
- Can Change Form
- Giant Computer Stores all Files, Plans, Can Control Most Technologies with It (Extremely Hard to Hack)
- Infinite Power Source
- Currently Located: Canada, Today[/spoiler]

I switch the cloaking device off of my house and move into my lair, activating 50 of my Mounties. I then use the lair to warp to another timeline where I can live in peace.

I walk downstairs and notice that I have 99 Bottles of Hills on the wall; that contain %1 each from different hill that has ever existed so far. I smile and go upstairs to finally enter the timeline where no one is fighting over the hill and land my lair where my house is. I switch on the cloaking device, disguise myself in my regular clothing and get out another bottle of Maple Syrup to enjoy.

Duskling

I also find it funny how rainen just showed up and then disappeared, as usual. :-\

Xemadus Echina

I tend to do that a lot. Improbability spheres reengaged. Natural laws of physics negated. The act of the hill being under the control of an outside party causes the hill to now be under my control.

*Gives a nod to my ancient days of perfect god-modding (Though If you think about it, this is all a battle of wits and if my wit is wittier then the wittiness of all of your combined wits then my wit can easily be named King Wit: the wittiest wit of all wits.) 
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

ArtDrake

Ah, but I control you. My Hill.