News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

April Launch

Started by JeenLeen, March 27, 2014, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeenLeen

With April 2014 fast approaching, I was wondering if you had an idea about what time in April you'd be releasing the game.
Also, for Kickstarter backers, would we be getting a choice of an executable file to install the game OR a Steam key, or how will that work?
Lastly, I think I recall talk of setting up a forum or something where users could post their mods for the game, particularly campaigns, so that there could be a community of shared games using Telepath Tactics.  Are there plans for setting up space on this forum for that?

I hope I'm not being rude.  My intention is not at all to rush and I completely understand if it winds up being late April, but I'm excited about the release of the game and wanting to get some stuff situated beforehand, since I will probably spend more time than I should trying it out  :D

CraigStern

Hey JeenLeen! Telepath Tactics will be finished this year, but not in April.

"What?" you might say. "But...the Kickstarter page says April 2014!" True. Here's the thing: the way Kickstarter works, you're required to provide an estimated release date before the campaign actually starts. That April 2014 estimate was my best guess based on a scenario where we raised the goal ($15,000) and hit no stretch goals.

Of course, that's not what actually happened: we went ahead and raised 275% of the goal, hitting a bunch of stretch goals in the process. This added months worth of extra work to the game's schedule in terms of adding more content. I've been saying in my updates that the game is on track for release in 2014, and that's true: just not April 2014. Sorry for the confusion.

Quotefor Kickstarter backers, would we be getting a choice of an executable file to install the game OR a Steam key

That sounds about right.

QuoteAre there plans for setting up space on this forum for that?

I could certainly do it here, but I'd prefer to have a dedicated site like NexusMods.com. :)

JeenLeen

Ah; good to know.  I look forward to the final product!   :D

CraigStern

Sure, no problem. Also, I hope you don't mind--I adapted your question for today's AMA. ;)

Ertxiem

Craig: Will you add Buh'Baque (or a relative) to Telepath Tactics? :)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

CraigStern

Nope; but you can! That's the beauty of modding. ;)

JeenLeen

Quote from: Ertxiem on April 01, 2014, 04:31:38 PM
Craig: Will you add Buh'Baque (or a relative) to Telepath Tactics? :)

What is Buh'Baque?

Ertxiem

Buh'Baque is the Ravinale Chicken.

You might want to take a look at The Golden Egg, a side quest for TSoG (proposed by Zackirus in Sep/2013) where Buh'Baque appears.
In 2011, Craig announced that Buh'Baque would be a new TSoG character.

Search for Baque to find out more. ;)
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Ertxiem

Yeah, I know (hoover the mouse over the 2011 in my post). By the way, the last part of this thread is about the 2014 April 1st.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

hotmitts

I've come back to check on the progress of this game. Last tiome I played it was a short demo. Wondering whether the campaign is playable now? Any rough estimate of completion state/date?

CraigStern

Hi there! The main campaign is definitely playable, but not yet complete. The current plan is to release it sometime during this coming winter.