News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Invalid Application Descriptor

Started by mathandr, April 17, 2015, 04:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mathandr

Hi,

I just purchased this game last night on Steam and when I try to run it I get an error message:

"This application has an invalid application descriptor. Try re-installing or contacting publisher for assistance."

I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, verified the files, ran as administrator, and ran it in compatibility mode but continue to get the same error. No log is created.

I am running windows 7.

Also, on a side note, there are waaay too many security questions on this forum for the average person to want to use it, especially after registering.

CraigStern

Hey there! That error usually indicates a problem with TTwm-app.xml. You can find that file in your game's install folder; do me a favor and attach it to your post so I can inspect it and see what might be going wrong.

nessuno

I have the same problem. Here is my files.
Thanks for help

Chatterly

I also have this issue. I am not finding the xml file you list. Happy to supply or test anything you like.

Also, Retyping the verification questions is already old. Just FYI
-C

CraigStern

Hm; the application.xml descriptor looks identical to mine, and my install runs fine. I guess we can rule that out, then.

I saw someone post a thing saying that installing the latest version of Adobe AIR fixed this for them. Why not give that a try and see if that does it?

Chatterly

CraigStern

I believe this bug should be fixed in the latest version of the game (1.01), but I'm keeping an eye out in case anyone new has this problem.

CraigStern

I haven't seen any new reports of this bug appearing in the past week--I'm going to assume that it has, in fact, been fixed. Marking as resolved!