News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Game fails to load sprites on Linux

Started by wiegraffolles, April 16, 2015, 08:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiegraffolles

I am running AIR version 2.6 on Arch Linux.

In the first place, you should consider removing the space in the Telepath Tactics.air file, as this just causes problems on UNIX systems. My unzip program tried to extract "Telepath" instead of "Telepath Tactics" because of the space.

So, about the real bug. When I load up any level (Tutorial, start the campaign, etc.) I get a problem like the following:

running placeCharBMP() within Char Ambuur Sang the Matriarch
running loadSpriteSheet( Data/Characters/Rest/LizardMatriarch_Rest.png ) for Ambuur Sang the Matriarch
running placeCharBMP() within Char Sarn Kamina the Gasul
running loadSpriteSheet( Data/Characters/Rest/SarnKamina_Rest.png ) for Sarn Kamina the Gasul
Couldn't load sprite sheet for Ambuur Sang the Matriarch! [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2035" errorID=2035]!
     failed to load defaultAnimType, Rest; giving up now
Couldn't load sprite sheet for Sarn Kamina the Gasul! [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2035" errorID=2035]!
     trying defaultAnimType, Ability
running newAnim( Ability ); currAnimType = Rest
   bmpDataURL = Data/Characters/Attacks/Ability/SarnKamina_Ability.png
running loadSpriteSheet( Data/Characters/Attacks/Ability/SarnKamina_Ability.png ) for Sarn Kamina the Gasul
....main loop paused while graphics load for char 258, Sarn Kamina the Gasul....
Char Sarn Kamina the Gasul progress on loading Ability: 0 / 27818
Char Sarn Kamina the Gasul progress on loading Ability: 4096 / 27818
Char Sarn Kamina the Gasul progress on loading Ability: 8192 / 27818
Char Sarn Kamina the Gasul progress on loading Ability: 12288 / 27818
Char Sarn Kamina the Gasul progress on loading Ability: 16384 / 27818
Char Sarn Kamina the Gasul progress on loading Ability: 20480 / 27818
Char Sarn Kamina the Gasul progress on loading Ability: 24576 / 27818
Char Sarn Kamina the Gasul progress on loading Ability: 27818 / 27818
....main loop paused while graphics load for char 258, Sarn Kamina the Gasul....

After which the game just hangs on the loading screen waiting for the sprite to load.

stick

Same thing happens to me, except local matches seem to start fine. Can't do tutorial or campaign though.

I'm on Ubuntu 14.04.

CraigStern

Thanks for the report, guys! I've got a fix uploading riiiiiight now. :)

EDIT: And voila--it should be fixed. Just download the installer again, run it, and hit Replace when it prompts you. That should do it!

wiegraffolles

I can confirm that the next version fixes the problem!  :)

stick

Works now, thanks for the fix.

CraigStern

Oh! You're a BMT Micro person. I just updated the file there--try again and let me know if it works. :)

CraigStern

Awesome; I'll mark this resolved. Closing thread. :)