News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Prebattle Inventory bug with new characters

Started by evantum, April 25, 2015, 09:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evantum

First and foremost, I wish to thank the creator of Telepath Tactics and express my admiration at what he has accomplished.  I am really loving this game.

I am not a computer programmer by training but I was forced to learn some on my own so I hope that the jargon I use does not embarrass myself. 

In the prebattle screen when you are managing your inventory after acquiring a new character from a nonbattle sequence the new characters appear without their inventory and end up duplicating someone else's inventory.  It happened to me when I picked up the old gentlemen Mantis rider and again when Silithis and the two Lisset showed up.  Furthermore, some of the other characters in the list have had their inventories shifted also. 

I am pretty sure that the inventory glitch is related to how the new character objects are added to the list of objects.  (I.E Original list of ABCDEFG when inserted with XYZ leads to ABXYZCDEFG then X has C inventory, Y has D, Z has E, new C has F, new D has G and so on.  The odd thing is, eventually somewhere down the middle of my team, the glitch stops and the inventory swapping stops.

I unequipped my lisset of their illecit inventories and put them into the battle rescuing the lisset merchant hoping the bug would fix itself, but it didn't.  So I surrendered hoping to reset the character interface.  That didn't work.  So I came here to type.  That will be the log that I attach to this post although at this point I do not see what it will tell you since the glitch has already come and passed...

P.S
In a perfect world, it would be great if your character list reordered itself at the end of every battle so that the characters you used in that battle were the first ones to get placed in the next one.