News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Apple Picking mission problems.

Started by Kletian999, May 11, 2015, 10:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kletian999

1. When the mission starts, the deployment area is always partially obscured by the Roster window.  Since the Roster window doesn't float like the command window you have to do a lot of wonky scrolling just to deploy the units you want.

2. The AI refuses to destroy bushes despite the ease it'd be to pass and the fact that I'm range bombing them to death.  Now I'm guessing the level would be too hard if everything aggressively bushwacked the terrain for us, but once they've come under fire, it seems like they could go from passive to aggressive to enraged, the last state would destroy non-player terrain if there's no valid path to targets.

3. Even if they couldn't destroy the terrain, they foolishly kept their melee in front and in firing range, keeping their own ranged units from counterattacking successfully.  Some kind of "Flee bombardment" behavior would make the AI more human.

CraigStern

Thanks for the feedback! I'm always reluctant to mess with the AI too much, as it's complex and easy to break, but that first issue I should be able to fix pretty easily. Working on it now. :)

Kletian999

Finished the mission and it froze when the last enemy died from Burning damage.  Log.

CraigStern

Kletian999

The AI played a bit smarter, getting out of arrow range when it had nothing better to do.  However, which my range heavy party and careful bush pruning, I still defeated literally dozens of melee units without them ever getting to attack.

Kletian999

This mission (nor the psychic toll mission) seemed to have autolooting of the bags (I had looted 9 apples, left bags on the ground, then killed the enemies) and only had the 9 apples.  Likewise I didn't get the focus pills not manually picked up in Psychic Toll.