News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

TPA1 Hero

Started by SmartyPants, March 02, 2010, 04:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which game has the most powerful Hero?

Telepath RPG 1 and 2
Telepath Psy Arena
Telepath Psy Arena 2
Telepath RPG: Servants of God

SmartyPants

The Shadowling Queen has only been seen using two elements, so it notable feat of the TPA1 Hero to be able to use three elements.  And the Hero doesn't just use elemental blasts.  He is able to use two different elemental area attacks.  The shadowling queen is the only other character who is able to use two different elements to that effect.

CraigStern

Keep in mind, guys, that you play the hero of TRPG1 and 2 when he/she's a good deal younger than Duvalier--and it's never mentioned how old the TPA1 hero is. So if you compare them based on how each appears in their respective games, you're most likely not comparing each character at the same stage in the development of his or her powers. (You do not, for example, play the TRPG2 hero at the height of his/her powers, since he/she is still pretty young, and has actually spent a few crucial developmental years in a trance-like state due to the effects of the slave bracelet.)

hellboy222

a jack of all trades a master of none just because he knows how to use 3 elements doesn't mean he's any good with them.

Zhampir

Quote from: CraigStern on March 10, 2010, 12:51:57 AM
Keep in mind, guys, that you play the hero of TRPG1 and 2 when he/she's a good deal younger than Duvalier--and it's never mentioned how old the TPA1 hero is. So if you compare them based on how each appears in their respective games, you're most likely not comparing each character at the same stage in the development of his or her powers. (You do not, for example, play the TRPG2 hero at the height of his/her powers, since he/she is still pretty young, and has actually spent a few crucial developmental years in a trance-like state due to the effects of the slave bracelet.)
on that note i'd say the hero from TRGP1/2 is the strongest, simply because he was younger and learned the more basic attacks earlier, even if inhibited by the slave bracelet.
All though it's been stated the bracelet increases a psy's power, so maybe that counteracts the trance-like state? In that case I'd settle for the hero from TSOG because he learns the basics and advanced techniques in a very quick cessation.

SmartyPants

Quote from: hellboy222 on March 10, 2010, 01:49:23 PM
a jack of all trades a master of none just because he knows how to use 3 elements doesn't mean he's any good with them.
But he was good with them.  Pyro Hail and Cyro Cross are advance attacks which Duvalier could only learn one of.  Duvalier could only master one Blast, while TPA1 Hero could master 3.

Quote from: CraigStern on March 10, 2010, 12:51:57 AM
Keep in mind, guys, that you play the hero of TRPG1 and 2 when he/she's a good deal younger than Duvalier--and it's never mentioned how old the TPA1 hero is.
Before Craig's quote, I assumed Duvalier was only a few years older then the TRPG2 Hero.  Now knowing the age difference, the TRPG2 Hero is more impressive.  Based on the TPA1 Hero's In-game Portrait, I am assuming that he is the same age as Duvalier.

Zhampir

keep in mind the game is not finished yet, the main in TSOG could still learn the other techniques, or even, all-together-new techniques that were previously unheard of utilizes either a brand new element or even a combination of elements at once. (all though feedback accomplishes the latter, a mix between mind shield and mind blast)

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on March 10, 2010, 03:39:54 PM
(all though feedback accomplishes the latter, a mix between mind shield and mind blast)
TPA1 Hero can do that too.

Zhampir

I know, I didn't mean to make it look like feedback was a new attack, my apologies. I just meant to point out that elemental combination (or rather Psychic Power Tier combination) all ready existed in the Telepath games.

KZ

Hmmm, and how old exactly is the Main when he goes into servitude, Craig? It's just that from the remarks that the Main makes in TRPG2, I would say the Main is actually older than Duvalier, or, at least, more mature. There is also that business with Grotius, where the Main may answer in an off-hand way about having no time to deal with teenage drama- it sort of implies that the Main is past this stage. Then there is aslo the attitude of other teammates towards the Main- even if the Main is a brilliant and talented Psy, a very young age surely would imply a respectful politness, but of a different sort. Then there is the fact that the Main has been in Shadowling captivity for 4 years- can it be that by the end of TRPG2, the Main is older than Duvalier at the beginning of TSoG? This also begs the question: at what age, typically, do the students get enrolled into the Academy, get their Blue Capes then get their Black Capes?

With regards to potential and strength, assuming TRPG2 Hero is younger than the rest of the lot and that his creativity/talent, rather then strength, was impeded by the bracelet, and the fact that the Main could learn Vengeance, Pyro Hail, and Big Shield, I'd say the Main had the most potential, but may not have been the strongest of the lot.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

CraigStern

The TRPG1-2 timeline is something like this: the hero is about 13-14, very young for a black cape at the Psy Academy. Roughly 3 years pass with the hero in a trance. Needing a crack squad of soldiers to perform certain tasks, Tastidian decides that the hero may prove useful, and returns him/her to conscious awareness. TRPG2 takes place over the course of several months.

In TSoG, Duvalier is 18 at the start of the game.

hellboy222

With that time line the main from trpg1-2 still is at base mentality a 13-14 year old person. However duvalier never had any training before the start of him joining the resistance while main had a few years of training I'm guessing before hand.

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on March 11, 2010, 10:41:57 AMRoughly 3 years pass with the hero in a trance. Needing a crack squad of soldiers to perform certain tasks, Tastidian decides that the hero may prove useful, and returns him/her to conscious awareness.
Before being "consciously aware", was he like David in TRPG1?

Quote from: CraigStern on March 11, 2010, 10:41:57 AM
The TRPG1-2 timeline is something like this: the hero is about 13-14, very young for a black cape at the Psy Academy. Roughly 3 years pass with the hero in a trance. Needing a crack squad of soldiers to perform certain tasks, Tastidian decides that the hero may prove useful, and returns him/her to conscious awareness. TRPG2 takes place over the course of several months.

In TSoG, Duvalier is 18 at the start of the game.
If the Main is 13-14 in TRPG1 and returns to the Psy Academy in four years, then he is 17-18 when he kills the queen.  That means the TPRG2 Hero and Duvalier are about the same age.

Quote from: hellboy222 on March 11, 2010, 12:38:59 PM
With that time line the main from trpg1-2 still is at base mentality a 13-14 year old person. However duvalier never had any training before the start of him joining the resistance while main had a few years of training I'm guessing before hand.
In the prison, Duvalier said he had a tutor teach him Mind Blast, Mind Shield, and the Sight.

Quote from: KZ on March 11, 2010, 08:47:58 AM
With regards to potential and strength, assuming TRPG2 Hero is younger than the rest of the lot and that his creativity/talent, rather then strength, was impeded by the bracelet, and the fact that the Main could learn Vengeance, Pyro Hail, and Big Shield, I'd say the Main had the most potential, but may not have been the strongest of the lot.
The Main could only learn Pyro Hail and Big Shield with the help of orbs, while Duvalier can use those moves unaided.  The slave bracelet also boosted his power, while none of the other Heros had that luxury

Zhampir

When the slave bracelet is later removed the Main suffers no loss of ability, therefore I think the benefits of the bracelet simply counteract the phase of unconsciousness making the Main of TRG2 at 18 years old less powerful that the Hero of TSOG who starts out at 18, having minor tutoring (but likely not as great of tutoring as the Academy could have given) but mastering the same abilities (and more).
Therefore I still say the hero in TSOG is the strongest and most capable of them all.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on March 11, 2010, 04:44:41 PM
Therefore I still say the hero in TSOG is the strongest and most capable of them all.
Even though he is limited to one blast and one elemental area attack, while the TPA1 Hero can use three blasts and two elemental area attacks.  Do the math. 1<2 & 1<3.

Zhampir

TSOG is not done yet. how many times must I mention this? have you seen the amount of slots availible for attacks? The hero will likely have many new attacks.