Stat overflow when class-change happens as a result of using battle primer

Started by Zetor, May 20, 2015, 11:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetor

I used the last charge of my expert Battle Primer on Lakshmi, giving her enough xp to get to level 20 and class-change to Arbalist. Problem is, as soon as she did that, her current HP went into overflow (-276/44). I'll keep her away from enemy fire for the time being...

bugfartboy

I can't help with fixing the bug but: if this acts like everything else that has ever allowed a character to reach a negative health value safely, she should be nigh invincible for the rest of that battle. I have no idea what will hapoen when the game resets her health at the beginning of a new battle, though.

Zetor

Well, I used Motivate on her once to get a second turn, and that killed her right there. /sadface

CraigStern

Zetor

It didn't generate a log for either event (the overflow or death-by-Motivate) -- I did force a log when I noticed the negative hp, though (it's attached to the OP).

CraigStern

Zetor

Resurrecting this, because I just had a similar experience... only it's reproducible (though the bug looks like it may be due to something else).

Silithis was promoted to Drake (after using a primer, natch), and was able to equip the flail, which I did. However, once I unequipped the flail, her HP dropped by 250, landing her in the negatives! Since the flail costs 250 aura, this may just be a typo in the item stats? (edit: just checked, and it seems it does have 250 to max HP in ItemClasses.xml. Strength modifier is also +12, but description only says +11)

e: her str also kept increasing every time I re-equip the flail. This may just be an artifact of the overflow, though.

CraigStern

Whoops! Turns out, that one was just a straightforward typo in the Flail's stats--not anything to do with the primer. It'll be fixed in the next update.

Zetor

As it turns out, the original bug also wasn't related to the primer... but rather me equipping the shiny Arbalist-only vibra-powered crossbow. It seems to give +320 hp, so if I equip and unequip it, the character's HP goes negative! Strength also keeps stacking, just as with the flail.

CraigStern

Ah! Good catch; that'll be fixed shortly. :)

Marking this resolved for now.