News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ending slides slightly incorrect for Louise/Madeleine (spoilers)

Started by Zetor, May 20, 2015, 12:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetor

So I have valiantly dispatched cheesily one-shot the big bad with Mega Stab (hey, stop cowering between those lava tiles and you'll get a stand-up fight next time!) and watched the ending slides. Most of them were fine (and/or amusing), but there was a minor issue -- they didn't seem to realize that Louise was dead! I got the 'good' ending for the Louise/Madeleine pair ("Louise, unused to winning games of chance that she hadn't rigged herself...") with both of them on the screen unlike the "bittersweet" blurb I got for the Hashmals (Nalia and Gavrielle were both dead... though in retrospect, I haven't seen any mention of Nalia anywhere, I only noticed her name because she said something when she died in the basement fight).

Actually, I checked Ending.xml, and couldn't find a blurb for "Louise dead, Madeleine alive".

bugfartboy

That's because the game doesn't use actual "Perma-death".  It uses "Psuedo-Perma-Death".  Instead of being killed, characters are just mortally wounded when they "die" in battle and are simply unfit to enter battle again.  This allows them to still participate in dialog and the end-scenes without being accessible to the player during battle.

Side note: the word "battle" has now ceased to be a word.

CraigStern

No, actually, this is a legit bug--I decided to implement actual permadeath in normal mode, because i am a glutton for giving myself unnecessary work. :P

Luckily, this was an easy fix. Marking this resolved. :)