News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Person replacement bug: Coria Dogs pub fight

Started by Mustawd, May 23, 2015, 06:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustawd

I'm setting up to fight against the Coria dogs in the pub fight. I first move around inventory from character to character. Then, I try and replace characters from my reserves to the active slot. However,even when I drag form reserve to the active slots and drop them, it doesn't pick it up. It does this with each character.

Attaching log file, not sure if it picked up the bug or not.

Zetor

This was a recurring bug for me as well, in many mid- and endgame fights: there were character slots, typically at the edges of the deployment zone, that couldn't be replaced with reserves (it'd give the 'invalid operation' error sound, too).

The workaround is to find the slots on the battlefield that DO allow replacing characters with ones from the reserves (typically ones in the middle), and switch characters around there. E.g. if Zimmer is on the right and you want to replace him with Gavrielle, switch him with a unit in the center, then switch the center unit with Gavrielle, then switch Gavrielle with the original center unit (that is now on the right).

Mustawd

Quote from: Zetor on May 24, 2015, 12:06:43 AM
This was a recurring bug for me as well, in many mid- and endgame fights: there were character slots, typically at the edges of the deployment zone, that couldn't be replaced with reserves (it'd give the 'invalid operation' error sound, too).

The workaround is to find the slots on the battlefield that DO allow replacing characters with ones from the reserves (typically ones in the middle), and switch characters around there. E.g. if Zimmer is on the right and you want to replace him with Gavrielle, switch him with a unit in the center, then switch the center unit with Gavrielle, then switch Gavrielle with the original center unit (that is now on the right).

yeah, with this particular bug that actually didn't work. I tried it with multiple character PCs and active slots. Just wouldn't work :(

CraigStern

7thsage

Sounds like probably two different bugs, but I posted my observations earlier about what it looked like Zetor is experiencing in this post... http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=1503.0

Quote from: 7thsage on May 13, 2015, 11:08:19 PM
Here is what it looks like is happening to me. If you take character in slot 1 in the reserve, it will not let you place him in slot 1 of your active team, the same goes with slot 2 of reserve can not go in slot 2 of active team, and so on. Also it appears to happen on all stages.