News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Weapons still switching characters?

Started by kevin, June 10, 2015, 06:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

I hadn't played the game in a while, was waiting until some of the bugs were resolved.  I've encountered some, but I'm afraid I don't have any logs to show, since I forgot how to print them.  Next time, I will be sure to do so.  In any case, here are some issues that I've found:

While recruiting Rebeccah Flare, she came equipped with bow.  She was still able to use her spells at least.  (First Screenshot).

Also, doesn't the Spriggat join you at level 1 ?   2nd screenshot, he is in the first battle, after only having attacked 2 or 3 times, at level 5.

If I find anything else I'll be sure to include a log file as well.

kevin

Regarding the bugs that I listed above, I went back into the game and loaded up the next battle, and found that the errors that I mentioned (Rebeccah with a bow, and Spriggat at too high a level) are still in effect.  Attached below is log for that.  I printed more screenshots, but I don't believe that they add anything.

By the way, I'm finding that I can't safely minimize the game, for instance, to report a bug, or visit these forums.  The game is liable to freeze up on me, or simply not allow minimization.  Even accessing the Steam community fails to work more often than not.  And I don't generally have that issue with other games on Steam.  Also attached is a screenshot with the Steam community overlay frozen over the game, but unfortunately I wasn't able to produce a log file for some reason.  I'll try again next time it happens.

bugfartboy

Yeah Telepath Tactics is currently incompatible with the Steam Overlay. Integration is planned, but isn't as pressing as some of the other issues, such as the mayhem stemming from the inventory system. For now I suggest right clicking Telepath Tactics from your Library, clicking properties, and disabling the overlay to avoid accidentally pulling it up.

CraigStern

Wow, that's weird. It almost looks like Meridian actually leveled up 4 times! However, the stats don't quite match up:

Level 1 Meridian
     22 health, 12 energy, strength 6, psy power 8, psy defense 4

Your Meridian
     30 health, 18 energy, strength 6, psy power 10, psy defense 4

She'd need 9 stat boosts to get from point A to point B--and since each level gives only 2 stat boosts, the 4 level-ups between level 1 and level 5 would be just shy of adequate.

On the other hand, I can't find any character in CharClasses.xml with that particular stat distribution--I have absolutely no idea how the game decided to assign her those stats. I'm going to have to investigate this further. In the meantime, if you can think of anything unusual that happened in between those battles, that would be helpful. :)

kevin

I'm afraid I can't think of anything.

CraigStern

Hm, okay. Let me know if it happens again!

kevin

Well, something else happened, involving phantom levels.

I started a new game.  Last night, in the caravan battle I had an issue where Scarlet did not start with bandages in her inventory.  (Screenshot 1, either Log 1 or 2). I managed to complete the scenario anyway.  (Luckily it was Lakshmi again, that happened to me before, in a previous version of the game.  The battle was impossible). 

Now, tonight, in the Rescuing Meridian battle, Zimmer is starting at level 9 and equipped with a longbow!  (Screenshot 2, Log 3) I'm tempted to just accept it and keep playing, but it would bother me throughout the game.  So reverting back to an earlier save.

Also, there are still significant equipment loss issues.  In fact, that is why I started the game again.  And it is happening again already.  I've been trying to back up my saves multiple times.  (Question, how does the auto-save feature work?  Does it always save to the last file that you saved to?).  So, I have three saved games, all at the start of Rescuing Meridian, all three with different sets of inventory. (And yes Zimmer is lv9 in all three of them). One has all the stuff that a should have, one is lacking quite a bit, and the other is lacking even more.  The screenshots (#s 3,4 and 5) only show the party inventory screen, you'll have to take my word for it that the missing equipment isn't hiding in anyone's backpack.  (Logs 4,5 and 6).

kevin

Continued attachments from previous post.  Hopefully they prove helpful.