News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Is the foraging mission potentially unwinnable?

Started by Chocobo_Fan, August 18, 2015, 10:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocobo_Fan

In the foraging mission, it is possible for enemies to pick up and use the apples dropped by apple trees. If they use every apple on the map, wouldn't that prevent the player from collecting the necessary 11, rendering the mission unwinnable? Or is there some sort of check to make sure that doesn't happen?

CraigStern

You can always get enough just from chopping down the apple trees, even if the enemies use every available loose apple.

Chocobo_Fan

They can use the ones that fall from the trees, too. They can't get to the one on the tiny island, but neither can you if you didn't get Meridian -- and you'll still need to find 7 other apples.

It occurs to me that Battle with Clotch could also become unwinnable if the boulders are destroyed, but I suppose you could have a party member stand in front of the tunnels...

CraigStern

I mean, techncially speaking, any battle can become unwinnable if you allow the enemy to thwart your victory conditions. ;)

Chocobo_Fan

Well yes, but my concern would be that you wouldn't get a game over for it, leading players to waste their time while thinking they still had a chance.

Kletian999

I won the apple mission by killing everyone.  It was a shame I wasn't rewarded the apple bags I deliberately left on the ground.

bugfartboy

You were rewarded with them; but your army wasn't kidding when they said they were hungry!

LightningLord2

You could still make a special game over scene when you can no longer collect enough apples to win - maybe even a warning once the enemy has pillaged enough for you to lose if they get only one more.

bugfartboy

I've thought about that, but with it being a randomly generated level I'm not so sure there's am easy way to do so.