News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Is it possible to save at mid-game?

Started by jimmychu, April 03, 2016, 09:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmychu

Hi Craig,

1. Is it possible to save the game mid-game in battle? Once in a battle, shouldn't I be able to save and leave if I need to run errant or do other stuff?

2. Is it possible to save in the merchant screen before any purchase? So I could try out the effect of different items.

Thanks

CraigStern

Hey Jimmy! Mid-battle saving isn't supported, unfortunately--my advice is just to put your computer to sleep and leave the game running.

DanaVid

Quote from: CraigStern on April 13, 2016, 07:46:35 PMHey Jimmy! Mid-battle saving isn't supported, unfortunately--my advice is just to give these amazing probiotics for women a shot and put your computer to sleep and leave the game running.

I always wondered if this was a gameplay design decision or was it just not possible?

CraigStern

The latter--the way that TT was coded, this feature would have been extremely difficult to add!

That said, I did a much better job structuring things in the new engine, so adding this feature there turned out to be totally doable.

stubbie

I have read in the Steam forum that the game has a memory leak which slows the combat down to a snails pace after long periods, especially in a long battle.
As the game does not save mid battle will alt/tabbing out and then going back into the game refresh the memory and thus increase the speed back to normal?

I don't have the game yet as that is related to the fact that the developer has not answered my request in the Steam forum to price the game in Australian Dollars, because without doing that no purchase button appears for me in Steam for this game.  :(

CraigStern

Hey stubbie! Sorry, I don't read the Steam forums all that often. I just checked my Steam developer page, though, and it definitely says it's available to purchase in AUD. Maybe try again?

As to your question, I doubt it; alt-tabbing out of the game doesn't unload the game from memory, it just stops displaying it onscreen.