News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Technology Of Cera Bella

Started by Zhampir, March 04, 2010, 11:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhampir

Where does the level of technology stand? We have robots that shoot giant laser beams, yet a common source of light is the simple torch.

Are guns foreseeable in this world's future? Or will all weapons and energies be elemental/psy based?

hellboy222

yeah but it's a magic torch duh.

SmartyPants

My theory is that resonance crystals can channel, store, or amplify psy powers.  The means that the crystals are the power source to all Cera Bella technology.

Without resonance crystals, golems would not have a power source.  The crystals also power the lamps at the Psy Academy and the Psy Boat in TRPG2.

Zackirus

Crystals may power everything, but there is sil room for other sources of technology in this game. Think of Gunpowder. It is a simple mix of sulfur, charcoal, and potassium nitrate and those materials could be easily found in the deeper downs. This means that firearms could come into the game but I don't think so because Craig likes to keep his Telepath very unquie and firearms could be pushing on the boundaries. Although, it would make for some more units, such as cannons and rifle men. But, it is up to craig.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Technology has been an interesting topic to ponder in the Telepath universe. With the steampunk feel to it, a lot of technology fits in with the 17-18th century technologies found in Europe. Yet the presence of the Gift allows us to expand the range of technologies available and to encroach into the future in some cases, without losing credibility at the same time.
For instance, the Energy Golems require some high-energy crystals, which might be something also related to resonance crystals, with the latter amplifying the Psy's power, whilst the former are able to store Psy power and emit it in energy form (in this case, coherent, monochromatic EM radiation).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

hellboy222

which if you think about it is pretty impressive to have them at the different wavelengths and not have them interfere with each other.

Zackirus

I have a question though. What is the deal with chemistry in the Telepath world. Their surely has to be some chemistry like mixing the acid of a bug and the branch of a tig. Their could be an entire world on chemistry. Why am I asking this you say. Because I am thinking of desgining a sciencetist character that could have differentixes of different things.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

I don't know about chemestry, but they have Alchemy. I know this, because there is a shop called Moiraine's Drug and Alchemical Supply

KZ

Heh, that's an interesting question, Zackirus, all I can say about it is that chemistry was extensively used to explain the origins of some of the attacks, including Spriggat attacks (e.g. a Red Spriggat having glands that contain a volatile chemical which they can egnite at will and thus burn their enemies to ashes).
As im2smart4u mentioned, they're advanced enough to manufacture tablets like the Focus Pills, which have the same effect as the Yellow Orb- and that may require some relatively advanced knowledge of herb-mixing and making of chemicals.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!