News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Re: Formulated Enemy Ideas

Started by hellboy222, March 05, 2010, 09:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellboy222

so the void bug has finally had all the details hashed out, so is it what about a bug that is a bodyguard for the queen and is only seen with a queen anymore thought on that?

KZ

Not really, the Void Bug is simply an experienced and successful Shadow Bug that helps out in the colony in times of grave danger (e.g. a natural disaster, an invasion, etc).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

hellboy222

kinda like superman? or something.

KZ

Err, no: more like an experienced and very talented warrior.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

hellboy222

well I meant more along the lines of saves the bugs when all looks lost not as in the all powerful kinda way.

Zhampir

Yes, hellboy, the void bug is a guardian like Superman.

KZ

Well, yes: not omnipotent, but simply superior.
Welcome to the forums!

hellboy222

sorry for the mix I've been up all night every thing's a bit foggy, are the bugs gonna have like their own arc like the deeper downs in trpg2?

Presentiment

SmartyPants

Niche: a place, employment, status, or activity for which a person or thing is best fitted

The golem's niche is a low mobility unit that can be easily avoided.  A moving ranged unit is not easily to avoid.

Zhampir

huh, I always viewed golems as slow, hard hitting, goliaths, in which case, having a ranged golem would be a good idea, filling the ranks.

cyso

QuoteThe golem's niche is a low mobility unit that can be easily avoided.  A moving ranged unit is not easily to avoid.
There is an already formulated Dorgon class energy golem. If any golem doesn't fit in the easy to avoid category, it would be the Dorgon.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on March 08, 2010, 09:05:29 PM
huh, I always viewed golems as slow, hard hitting, goliaths, in which case, having a ranged golem would be a good idea, filling the ranks.
By makeing the golems ranged, they become more difficult to avoid, therefore not fitting their niche.

Quote from: yogc on March 08, 2010, 09:10:12 PM
QuoteThe golem's niche is a low mobility unit that can be easily avoided.  A moving ranged unit is not easily to avoid.
There is an already formulated Dorgon class energy golem. If any golem doesn't fit in the easy to avoid category, it would be the Dorgon.
I know that.  I was the one who orginally suggested the Dorgon Golem.  Even though the Dorgon Golem doesn't fit the golem niche, I made an exception, so Dorgon could have some type of legacy.

Zhampir

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 09, 2010, 04:42:26 PM
By makeing the golems ranged, they become more difficult to avoid, therefore not fitting their niche.
That is really round-a-bout logic.
Besides, I didn't mention anything about being easily avoidable, simply slow moving, if placed in the right spot they become unavoidable. For example, the mazes in TRG2

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on March 09, 2010, 04:52:26 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on March 09, 2010, 04:42:26 PM
That is really round-a-bout logic.
Besides, I didn't mention anything about being easily avoidable, simply slow moving, if placed in the right spot they become unavoidable. For example, the mazes in TRG2
They were avoidable in TRPG2.  If the bronze golems were ranged, then they would have been unavoidable in TRPG2.