News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

A new engine!

Started by CraigStern, June 05, 2016, 05:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

Oh. Reading the backgrounds, it seems that whatever these are a part of takes place in the same setting as TT. If it weren't for the remarks about it seeming to be a whole new game, I'd guess it was some sort of official expansion pack.

CraigStern

Currently trying to decide between perspective projection and orthographic projection. What do we think?

bugfartboy

If you're going for visibility of depth, perspective really seems to do the trick. Orthographic seems to leave a lot of visual information out.

ArtDrake

Perspective is definitely nicer! It really accomodates the natural desire to simultaneously see a wide area and have plenty of ability to see what's closest to you (i.e., what's front and center is nice and big). Granted, it's subtle for small maps, but I also happen to feel like it's aesthetically nicer.

Ertxiem

I agree that perspective seems nicer.
However, it seems that if you zoom out a bit in the orthographic projection you'll get almost the same thing.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

CraigStern

As mentalists had just a wee bit too many distinct things going on in Telepath Tactics, I've decided to break the mentalist class into two: the mentalist and the kineticist, each with a clear tactical focus.

Here's concept art for the new kineticist class!

CraigStern

CraigStern

...and one more, for good measure.

CraigStern

Attack targeting is now working! (Shown: Shadow Blast.)

CraigStern

Showing off nonverbal tics in dialogue, plus the addition of a unique "healing" bark. ;)

bugfartboy

Quote from: Spivak
Blood... really isn't the fluid I was hoping to spill today.
It was good for me.
Hold still, darling.
Oh geez   ;D

CraigStern

I've made some good progress on the UI this past month, as well as on other crucial systems. :)

CraigStern

Equipment can now be procedurally generated with different attributes, from quality to balance to durability...to more exotic things (like "poisoned").

bugfartboy

This is starting to feel like a procedurally generated dungeon crawler of sorts!

CraigStern

New: I've got the character screen in-progress; attacks now carry their associated status effects; counterattacks are now part of character generation and leveling, and are working properly in combat.

Quote from: bugfartboy on November 29, 2016, 07:16:46 PM
This is starting to feel like a procedurally generated dungeon crawler of sorts!

Well, there's certainly procedural generation at work... :)