News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Total Soldiers?

Started by SmartyPants, March 07, 2010, 12:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

When you get to use the soldiers, I personally would like to have an expanded battleground and then use in soldiers in a large fight let us say that you have 100 people and the enemy has around 100 people as well. It would still be like Telepath but on a larger level and playing field maybe a 110 X 80. If this is not possible, then can we have some sort of mini-game with the soliders.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

That would probably be insanely difficult to implement: would certainly require tinkering with the battle engine code. I like the idea, but then there are other issues as well: it will take an insanely long amount of time to play through one battle (though, honestly, I would fancy taking on such a map), and then there is the issue of enemy AI: with the very large battlefield, it will take a very long time for enemies to actually meet! The % of map covered in one step, even by the fastest units, will be ludirously slow.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

How about a battle system that the first Telepath RPG followed, the amount of men who represent your Health and the amount of training that was done to your soldiers would give them their PsP. After that, they could battle the foe and do whatever.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Tastidian

You know it would be better if the soldiers have A.I. of their own.

For example instead of moving all the soldiers one by one you move them by highlighting and clicking to the spot where you want them to move. And when you are near enough to the enemy you can chose the method of attack.

This is just off the top of my head.

Presentiment

I had a similar idea, a kind of simple RTS minigame with the total soldiers.

KZ

Yes, tastidian, that's not a bad idea, but it would require a completely different battle engine and a completely new game for that matter (can be based in Cera Bella, but still).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Presentiment

Not perhaps a game like that, but more like a game in which you can't see individual units, but more like having a map, and each area has a number over it (which is colored) displaying how many troops/types of troops you or the enemy has there, and you can choose to attack an area, the outcome of which can be determined by your direction and the types of units you have.

Zhampir

that sounds a lot like Risk.

Zackirus

If only craig could make it more like Axis and Allies though *sigh*

- Lord Canada

Tastidian

I'm sure he can make two engines in one game or can't he i'm not good a game designing but that doesn't mean i'm not good in tech.
Zackirus you must be fascinated with WWII. If you like games of it here is a good one. http://armorgames.com/play/4071/warfare-1944