News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

TsoG General Improvements Thread

Started by Presentiment, March 07, 2010, 12:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Presentiment

Since I failed to find a thread about small fixes and improvements, let this be the first.

I'd like to have Brutal reward more gold, as in TRPG2.

Having the sound tracks run faster is also a plus, and few people are going to stay for several minutes in Baz's Manor, the title screen, or the Psy Academy.

Making Vengeance stronger would be a big plus, considering it requires Feedback lvl 3, which means fighting a lot of Ravinale Guards, and at least 1000 gold.

Light Bomb and Vengeance icons look off.

Maybe make Rahel a bit more powerful. 1 extra damage is enough, but she is generally the weakest hitter on the team.

Luca a bit faster?

Post your small suggestions/improvements here.

KZ

Topic moved: this is perfect for the "wishes" section.

Brutal with more gold might be worth it, as it takes quite a bit more effort to scale up the team in order to manageably beat the battles.

Given that Luca is a support unit, I might say that this is not a bad idea- after all, she is a Spirit, and there is no reason for her not be fast. Plus, having a very slow support unit makes it difficult for it to perform the task due to relatively "slow" speed across the battlefield. However, making her too fast would make her too powerful- the tactical element would be lost if she can reach any and all unit within a large area and quickly replenish their PsP or move a teammate out of harm's way. Speed 6 might do the trick, though, oevrall, I find that this is more in the realm of balancing teammates in-battle, and more of an experimental suggestion, as I don't find that Luca's speed is an impendiment in a significant amount of cases.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: Presentiment on March 07, 2010, 12:36:23 PM
Maybe make Rahel a bit more powerful. 1 extra damage is enough, but she is generally the weakest hitter on the team.

Luca a bit faster?
Train Rahel's strength more.

Due to Luca's ability to float, Luca already has more mobility then most characters. As KZ said, a support class doesn't need above average speed.

Presentiment

You're right. What I sorta meant was give her a more powerful ability. Griffin has Double Strike and Backhander, and Arman has Stab and Mega Stab, the Main and Malis have elemental blasts (and Malis is highly mobile), and Luca and Set have powerful support abilities. Rahel is clearly meant to be a sniper, but she's has nothing that can hit hard enough to to much more than to finish or to drop an enemy's HP into the killing realm of an elemental area attack.

I was thinking of Speed 6 as well. Theoretically, a floating unit has much more mobility and thus usefulness but in none of the missions so far has her ability to float been particularly useful. In the Deeper Downs, there are few walls and too many impassable ones.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Presentiment on March 08, 2010, 07:27:47 PM
You're right. What I sorta meant was give her a more powerful ability. Griffin has Double Strike and Backhander, and Arman has Stab and Mega Stab, the Main and Malis have elemental blasts (and Malis is highly mobile), and Luca and Set have powerful support abilities. Rahel is clearly meant to be a sniper, but she's has nothing that can hit hard enough to to much more than to finish or to drop an enemy's HP into the killing realm of an elemental area attack.
Rahel can use Spit Shot and Split Shot 2.  Rahel's niche is as a Sniper. Luca's niche is a normal speeded support unit.

KZ

If you play TPA2, you can train up the Assassin to a very high level- then he can kill very powerful Shadowlings in one go, but only one at-a-time. I think that Rahel's usefullness will be more evident later on in the game, when she has all of her attacks at her disposal and she's been levelled up by quite a bit.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Presentiment

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 08, 2010, 08:43:04 PM
Quote from: Presentiment on March 08, 2010, 07:27:47 PM
Rahel can use Spit Shot and Split Shot 2.  Rahel's niche is as a Sniper. Luca's niche is a normal speeded support unit.

If you can say that you might as well say everything has a tiny separate niche.

None of Rahel's attacks are particularly strong (unlike the Assassin), their range is good but not great. Luca is supposed to be a support unit, but to me she is just another tank like Griffin who can restore PsP in a small radius and occasionally brings teammates or enemies across barriers.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Presentiment on March 11, 2010, 09:17:06 PM
Unlike TRPG2, TSoG's classes do have their own seperate niches.

Presentiment

Just because their descriptions are different does not mean Rahel fits into a new niche. Your reasoning is based of the assumption your reasoning is correct.

Rahel's sniping job is done better by the Hero.

Malis is a better damaging ranged attacker.

The Hero and Malis already do Rahel's job better than she can.

Zhampir

Rahel's "niche" is as an archer. This "sniper" niche idea is simply ridiculous. Snipers eliminate one target far away that shows high importance, such as a commander. Rahel so far seems focused on eliminating or attacking multiple characters in hard to defend areas. She is not a sniper. Split shot goes against the very idea of a sniper.

cyso

Rahel's niche is what she does best, which is an archer. Luca isn't too bad of a hitter once you train her, but doesn't have much health. Her niche seems to be a support unit.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Presentiment

And what does an archer do? "Archer" is not a niche.

And of course Luca is a support unit...

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 12, 2010, 03:43:23 PM
Quote from: Presentiment on March 11, 2010, 09:17:06 PM
Unlike TRPG2, TSoG's classes do have their own seperate niches.
I base this off of comments by CraigStern in the old forum.

Presentiment

Just because someone says something is true does not mean it is true.

Rahel fails to do any new job, because Malis and the Hero do it better.

Zhampir

archer's shoot things with bows. lol. That's the archer "niche".
notice that I surrounded "niche" in quotes every time I use it. I do not like the word as I don't think it fits, I was just using it that way to refer to the earlier post, and reinforce how the idea does not fit.

which post is that?