News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Hero's Gender

Started by SmartyPants, March 10, 2010, 03:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What gender do you see the Hero having?

Male
Female

SmartyPants

CraigStern designed the Hero as a genderless character. All the dialogue based around this Hero allows players to treat this character as either male or female.
I nocticed some people refered to the Hero as a "he" or "him", while others refered to the Hero as "she" or "her".  When you played the first two Telepath games, what gender did you see the Hero as?

Ertxiem

I saw the Main as male. Perhaps because I'm a male too.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

hellboy222

Yeah I saw the main as male because I'm a dude too.

SmartyPants

In the first game, I thought the character was a chick based on what she was wearing.

In the second game, I thought the character was a dude, because I am a dude.

Zackirus

I always thought the character was a guy because he looked more like a boy than a girl.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

torugo

same deal i thought he was a boy
mock the pheonix you will burn

cyso

In the first one, the main tells a drunk guard:
"Any *cough* girl..."
This seems to imply the main is a guy.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

CraigStern

Well, the coughing implies that something in the sentence isn't true: is it the "girl," or is it the "any"? ;)

Zackirus

Quote from: CraigStern on March 13, 2010, 08:49:22 AM
Well, the coughing implies that something in the sentence isn't true: is it the "girl," or is it the "any"? ;)

Dang it craig stop messing with our minds ;D. Just tell us weither the main for chapter one and two was a girl or a guy
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

I remember that phrase coming up before and being applied to all genders- and depending on how you precieve the Main to be (guy/girl), the ensuing dialogue can be quite hilarious to read.
I also see the Main as a guy due to my gender, though I wouldn't mind playing as a female- 'tis the story that matters for me.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Steel Ersatz Man

It's a guy. He acts like a guy. Also, in telepath rpg 2, you act like a boy in all your responses and Gamblin' Jack calls you kid. And, he's the kinda guy who wouldn't be friends with a girl. And, the character's got fairly short hair.
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

KZ

Well, Ersatz Man, to you the Main can be a guy, but, apparently, female members of the forums said (back in the day), that they certainly have no trouble identifying the Main as a girl. Gamblin' Jack's responses fit his character, who may easily not take a roughly 17 year old seriously or see him/her as a man or woman, yet. Hence the responses. About hair-do, well, that's really not much- a lot of women these days have short hair. Still, I guess in your fashion you have answered the question posed in the thead- you see the Main as a guy.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

MikeW781

how come the hero can tell Griffin he is trying to score with Rahel if he is gender neutral
I am mostly pointing this out as a flaw-I really don't want a gay (literally) answer
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Steel Ersatz Man

Were talking about the hero of Telepath rpg's 1 and 2.
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

Barzul

Though there could be another level of the story, Duvalier choosing a love interest between Rahel and a male teammate, like Griffin or the new spearman.  :D

I wonder how the Cult would take that...  :o