News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Bandit Cave

Started by Zhampir, March 11, 2010, 11:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyso

I think it said formidable fighting force, and I think it was in the old description of the game.
Since they can't decorate the exterior of the cave for obvious reasons, they would have to make the inside of the cave look somewhat impressive to be taken seriously. No one would join the rebels if the cave looked utterly horrible the moment they walked in. They would be thinking to themselves, "How are these people going to combat the Cult? If I stay around these guys, I'll get killed."
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Zhampir

Your logic is full of round about statements and seems to not even consider the possibilities. Do you really see the resistance as just a band of unorganized, untrained, poorly-equipped soldiers? If you see them as such, then I think the point of this whole game is lost on you. If they are meant to be portrayed as such and remain as such throughout the game by all ways running from any sign of danger (which they have not done, they've preformed prison breaks, sabotage, and full-on confrontations with the Cult) then there is literally no point for the game to continue and Craig should stop making it now. Fortunatilly, this is not the case, and TSoG will be a game that doesn't just rival major corporations RPGs and makes the world realize that flash as a language, while still not as "powerful" as some of the other languages, is still a force to be reckoned with. Instead, TSoG will be the best, it will usher in a whole new level of RPGs one that completely revolutionizes the way people view them. It will be the first flash game that is not based on its language but of its actual gameplay. The storyline, the character development, the strategy, the puzzles, even the minigames will be a thousand fold better than even the best.

The resistance's cave is not just a barracks, it is a refuge. A refuge for all those persecuted by the cult. Maybe you forget what has transpired in the game? The only actual soldiers that we have come from the Marid, but these soldiers do not even appear in the cave. The only ones that do are the slaves we rescued; me, women, the old and the young, not a group of well-skilled fighters. If you believe that we should give every man, woman, child, and infant a blade and send them to slaughter then so be it, but my proposals will have none of it. I will not through away the lives of the innocent so carelessly. The resistance should foil the Cult in many ways, including in their compassion for life, human or otherwise.

I will not rise to your continued insults of my intellect, but merely suggest you look at what is all ready in place, and you remember the plans for this game. Perhaps you have not read the power, the will, the effectively dominating and resonating voice that Craig has displayed in his deeply founded hopes for this game? I intend for this game to match his dream and show that this is not just a vision of grandeur, but a possibility, nay a definitive.

Think of the interior of High Charity. It is not just a base for the covenant, but a home. It is as beautiful as it is powerful. As deadly as it is homely.

Think less of my logic, and more of yours. Does yours even fit? The resistance is a place of hope for the people. How does saving them only to put them on the front lines show hope? No, such lack of compassion is a weakness. This is not based on my assumptions. Think of how every single person acts when they hear of the resistance. How all those for us think only of the hope and salvation we bring. How we are saving not just militaristic soldiers and guardsmen, but women and children.

and Yogc brings up another good point as all ways. How are we to be taken seriously if we look like nothing more than a bunch of bandits who make small raids against the cult? We've all ready taken out one of their more powerful leaders. We are a force to be reckoned with.

SmartyPants

You contradict yourself.  First you say they are not "a band of unorganized, untrained, poorly-equipped soldiers" and then say they are "me, women, the old and the young, not a group of well-skilled fighters. Which is it?

I am well aware of what Craig is trying to do.  You are the newbie here.  I don't think cave decorations and illogical quests with plot holes would improve TSoG.

The Bandits who lived in the cave only had stones for chairs and a fire for a kitchen.  Both the Bandits and the Resistance are low on money and would not waste money on lavish decorations.  They would use money on important things like food and weapons.

Zhampir

There are so many things wrong with what you just said. I grow tired of this. The resistance has an army, and they will be a fine army, but they are also a refuge or is that idea lost on you?

I never mentioned money, if you had read their descriptions you would notice that these require no amount of money.

The only plot hole in this that you have mentioned is that the helenites are not a good group. I never said that it had to be the helenites, in fact, my original idea never even mentions them.

You continue to seek holes in my logic, to no avail. You base your apparent hatred on these ideas with absolutely no evidence. All you give are persecutions that are quite worn out and inapplicable. You call me a noob without even knowing me. You think me to be new, yes? How would you know whether or not I've read the articles in the old forums? How can you possibly claim to know anything about me? Even by your name you show arrogance and incompetence. I simply will not stand by while you show blatant disregard for anything I offer no matter how viable it is. You have not offered anything useful to this post. Rather than fixing the "holes" you just dismiss the idea entirely. The "holes" are that there are corridors that are just sitting there, the cave is little more than that, and it's one area that can be vastly improved.

If you wish to continue not helping with the development of the cave but still wish to argue this you may message me, but be forewarned, I will ignore any attempt you make in bashing the idea on this post as it is neither constructive or useful.

If you do actually come up with an idea that can actually be useful, please post your thoughts. Until then I urge you to reconsider applying more stress where it is neither wanted or needed. Good day sir.

KZ

Folks, I honestly think this is one argument not worth having. May I remind ye all that the game isn't complete yet and that, from the looks of it, Craig has a very good idea of what we'll see in the rest of the cave (cf Iblis). Thus, in order not to aggravate anyone's feelings, nor continue a pointless argument, I thereby lock this thread and suggest that the creative thought be dircted at adding in extra features to Somnus - something we're more likely to influence Craig in, then the caves. Thank you.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!