News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Breeding

Started by Zhampir, March 13, 2010, 04:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhampir

Malis mentions Set being half shadowling. I was wondering if all these "races" which I though we actually separate species entirely are indeed "races" and could breed and produce fertile offspring. If so, that would produce some interesting results and might help explain how the human race obtained telepathic powers because in the other races all of them have telepathy (excluding, strangly, Niven).

SmartyPants

I don't think the "Race" is the race you are thinking of.  I think the Races are just type of sentient creatures.  No, I don't think the races of telepath can breed with one another for obvious reasons.

Zackirus

A half-Human Shadowling, I wonder how that would actually happen (You know know what I mean)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

How do shadowlings mate after all? perhaps the breeding twixt a shadowling and human is more based on the shadowling's method of breeding than the humans?

KZ

I also think that there is no interbreeding per se: the physiologies of the creatures involved seem very different indeed. The closest I can think of to being a "workable" solution are Gelfs and humans, but I really don't want to go in that direction!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 14, 2010, 05:29:48 PM
The closest I can think of to being a "workable" solution are Gelfs and humans, but I really don't want to go in that direction!
Gross

Tastidian

Wow this is a strange post.

You know now one will ever know how they breed if the creator (Craig Stern) never makes it up.

Duskling

Quote from: Zhampir on March 13, 2010, 04:56:34 PM
Malis mentions Set being half shadowling.
I believe she just misunderstood that he was 100% human since he was... umm... round. As for the breeding stuff, your guess is as good as mine, but I wouldn't bother guessing.

Bromtaghon

Wow.  This is a really awkward topic...

Maybe the Shadowling way of breeding involves mental contact?

And KZ: Thank you for that lovely mental image.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

MikeW781

Quote from: Zhampir on March 13, 2010, 04:56:34 PM
(excluding, strangly, Niven)
Niven uses Psy power to bend his knife for Trick Shot
Also, because shadowlings can only communicate though telepathy, they are all Psys
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zhampir

Well, spriggats are like really buff humans with wings... so I was thinking that maybe spriggats are a human/shadowling mix. Really I'm just trying to find a way to disconnect the gift with the force. The gift seems more like the powers gained by everybody in Heroes Perhaps there is no breeding between the species, but a crazy scientific experiment that extracted the gift from the Shadowlings and Spriggats and gave it to the humans?

GOD

Quote from: Zhampir on June 08, 2010, 07:26:45 AM
Well, spriggats are like really buff humans with wings... so I was thinking that maybe spriggats are a human/shadowling mix.
That makes absolutely no sense

torugo

spiggurats look more like gargoyles to me
mock the pheonix you will burn

Bromtaghon

Quote from: GOD on June 08, 2010, 01:36:14 PM
Well, spriggats are like really buff humans with wings... so I was thinking that maybe spriggats are a human/shadowling mix.

I agree, but neither does your post.
I don't think Spriggats and Shadowlings are related, based on their huge differences in appearance.  Spriggats are humanoids with wings, so it's possible they could be related.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

GOD

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 08, 2010, 05:56:48 PM
Quote from: GOD on June 08, 2010, 01:36:14 PM
I agree, but neither does your post.

yeah, it kinda does.... seeing as i said his post makes no sense, in clear, proper english....