News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

More about Gelf!

Started by KZ, March 14, 2010, 07:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

Given that there is a slim possibility that Gelf might be introduced into the game (see LethalLaurie's and mine submission for the side-mission), and you can ask Gelf questions about their culture, what would you like to find out about the Folks-of-the-Wood? Any facts, curiosities, etc! You can also suggest questions for dialogue too! (But not answers, we'd like to make those up :P)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Are the Folk-of-the-Woods psys?
Since Gelf's shop suddenly appeared, does that mean the Wood-Folk are nomads?
Are there Wood-Folk that live outside the Great Forest?

KZ

On the first question Craig replied some time ago (hence me providing the answer here): they are not very good psys. That is, they will be bad Psy fighters. However, let's just say that they do have Psy abilities and those will play a role, as you might find out if the collab mission gets into TSoG.

Good questions, anything else?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

will they join us as a teammate, a new division of soldiers in our army, not at all, or be hostile?
If they're hostile is it because we angered them by breaking one of their sacred traditions?
Speaking of traditions, what are they?
What are their beliefs?
Are they democratic or totalitarian?
Are they mostly merchants or do they have warriors?
Is their a main village or are they all no-mads? Do they travel in groups or separately?
What is their history with other inhabitants of Cera Bella?
How do we find them, as there was little mention or knowledge of them before?
how is their physique? are they tall, short, plump, skinny, blue eyed, green eyed, varied like humans, etc?
Do they have their own language and subsequent unique names?
Do they know of the Cult, the shadowlings, the Academy, the Marid, the Rubat, the Spriggats?

I think that's enough for now, don't want to overload you. lol ^^  :P

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 14, 2010, 07:53:52 PM
On the first question Craig replied some time ago (hence me providing the answer here): they are not very good psys. That is, they will be bad Psy fighters. However, let's just say that they do have Psy abilities and those will play a role, as you might find out if the collab mission gets into TSoG.
Are all Wood-Folk Psys?
Like humans, are only some of them Psys?

SmartyPants

What does Gelf considered "pets"?
Can the Wood-Folk contact thier pets?
Like monkeys, do they have hands for feet?
What type of society do the Wook-Folk have? Democratic? Tribalism? Monarchy? Theocracy?
What type of religion do they have?

KZ

I doubt all those questions will make it into the collab mission dialogue, but they're good! Can you kindly rank them, and any others, in the preferred order of seeing answers to them: which would you rather know most, etc?
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 15, 2010, 02:46:48 PM
I doubt all those questions will make it into the collab mission dialogue, but they're good! Can you kindly rank them, and any others, in the preferred order of seeing answers to them: which would you rather know most, etc?
Do all the questions have to be in the mission? Could you talk to a character outside the mission? Like speaking to Gelf in his shop or speaking to the Wook-Fok Teammate.

I didn't want to rank others questions against mine, because that would be biased, so I only ranked mine.
1. Are all Wood-Folk Psys? Or like humans, are only some of them Psys?
2. What does Gelf considered "pets"?
3. Since Gelf's shop suddenly appeared, does that mean the Wood-Folk are nomads?
4. What type of society do the Wook-Folk have? Democratic? Tribalism? Monarchy? Theocracy?
5. Like monkeys, do they have hands for feet?
6. Can the Wood-Folk contact thier pets?
7. Are there Wood-Folk that live outside the Great Forest?
8. What type of religion do they have?
9. Do Wood-Folk have tails?
10. Where did the dumb idea of naming every Wood-Folk "Gelf" come from?

Zhampir

I agree with Im2smart4u, all these questions don't have to be answered in a side-quest. Personally I think all these questions should be answered... so I don't have much of a preference, rank my questions as you please.^^

KZ

I was referring to your own questions, plus any questions of other users you like. That's quite a load of questions though.

For your 10th question, im2msart4u, the very original and neat idea of naming all of them Gelf came from LethalLaurie and me. Tolerance, I say. It shows how greatly different cultures vary and you'll see this idea explored in the side-quest.

Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 15, 2010, 04:00:00 PM
For your 10th question, im2msart4u, the very original and neat idea of naming all of them Gelf came from LethalLaurie and me. Tolerance, I say. It shows how greatly different cultures vary and you'll see this idea explored in the side-quest.
Giving everyone the same name would be the most annoying thing ever.  Image if every human was named Bob in the game.
The story would be like this:
Bob and his family were thrown into prison, because General Bob and the leader of the Cult, Bob, lead a coup.  Bob was then rescued by his old friend Bob.  Bob and Bob then meet the archer Bob and they continue the jail break.  Bob, Bob, and Bob then run into more teamates, Bob and Bob, who resuced a wealthy man named Bob.  Bob and his new teammates then escape and flee to Bob's manor.  Bob agrees to supports the Resistance if Bob defeats the spirts in his cellar......
I hope you understand where I am going with this.  If not, I can continue?

KZ

Uhu, and in order to work around this ostensibly difficult obstacle, you have to use a little imagination, which, incidentally, LethalLaurie and I did. Otherwise it would be a needless complication.
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 15, 2010, 08:47:15 PM
Uhu, and in order to work around this ostensibly difficult obstacle, you have to use a little imagination, which, incidentally, LethalLaurie and I did. Otherwise it would be a needless complication.
Doesn't it seem unimaginative to give every character the same name?  It would be more imaginative to think of new Wood-Folk names.

Zackirus

I actually like having all the Woods-Folk named Gelf, I think it would be rather funny actually
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Thanks, Zackirus.
No, it's not unimaginative, if you think globally, im2msart4u, for it takes thikning outside the box to go against convention. That's a conservative speaking in you. ;) You just wait and see when the mission gets released. It's not such an important aspect of the entire interaction, but can be quite illuminating and allows for comic relief as well.

Welcome to the forums!