News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Enemies to be found

Started by Ertxiem, March 15, 2010, 02:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ertxiem

I was wondering if the forum ranks will reflect the enemies we will find in TSoG.

Quote from: CraigStern on February 03, 2010, 09:44:20 PM
Post well, and one day you too can become a Savior of these forums!

TitleStar Power   Posts to Earn
Newbie-0
Ghost-1
Bandit*5
Mechanic*10
Stone Golem*25
Mechanic Captain   **50
Red Cape**100
Blue Cape**200
Black Cape***500
White Cape***1000
Tactician****2000
General****3000
Hero****4000
Savior*****5000

From the above ranks we are yet to see fighting in TRPG games a Tactician and a Newbie (surely a feared unit in the battlefield :D ).
I'm assuming that Duvalier and the Main from TRPG2 might have the rank Savior or Hero (I'll stay out of the discussion of which is for whom), and I'm counting Tastidian as a General.

So, here are my proposals to fill the gaps:

Tactician:
A psy fighter that leads white capes into battle. He might be skilled in two elemental attacks or in dual elemental attacks. Or perhaps he may be using vendetta (the omnidirectional feedback).
His stats would be somewhere between the White capes and Dean Lukas. With health around 200, speed 3 and damage around 40-50.

Newbie (joke):
A wannabe warrior without the skills and the training. Don't have any resistances and he is weaker than a lesser ghost.
Health 10
Attacks:
Wooden stick: range 1, damage 3
Sling: range 2, damage 2

I was wondering if a sling attack could be a nice idea for some bandit type unit.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Or the rankings mean Duvalier will change from a Tactician to a General to a Hero to the Savior.

KZ

Hehe. How very thoughtful and perceptive of you, Ertxiem! :P
I daresay that newbie character will sure strike fear into the hearts of enemies!

I, however, do strongly suspect that the ranks are a simple mix-and-mash of TRPG2 and TSoG enemies (up to the last two).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

I agree that these could be hints at enemies. Besides Newbie, Tactition, General, Hero, and Savior these are all implemented as enemies in the Map Editor. Perhaps savior is a servant of Yawah, such as Fernatus?

Zackirus

I was thinking for the saviour that would be craig or somebody like that
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

KZ

That is correct, but how are you relating the two with respect to the topic question?
He is the saviour of the project, after all, since he is the one who is creating it and continues working on it. ;)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

torugo

but according to the roster nobody has reached savior
mock the pheonix you will burn

Ertxiem

Quote from: torugo on March 15, 2010, 04:05:25 PM
but according to the roster nobody has reached savior
And I don't expect anyone posting here reaching saviour in the next 1.5 years...

Going back on topic, I didn't saw any comments about the tactician...
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Zhampir

so far the best are me and KZ as blue capes, but that doesn't really have anything to do with finding new possibility in enemies through the forum leveling list. Unless you are suggesting that me and KZ should appear as blue caped enemies? That would be a funny sight ^^

@ Im2smart4u that really doesn't answer my question... Malignus the in-game spriggat can simply be a representation of Craig, after all he did make the game, and that's a very odd coincidence if it is not.

KZ

Depends what roster torugo is using: if he means the in-game, Hero-class allusions, or the members list on the forums? 'Cause in the old forums I could've effectively held that rank, as I had about 7000 posts (4500 maybe without the forums games), plus ender. Otherwise, it will be some time before folks rack up 5000 quality posts here.

Tactician: from in game that would be Rahel, she is the tactician of the People's Resistance.

There is obviously a connection between Craig and in-game Malignus the Spriggat. Think about it: malignus is, in some ways, omnipotent, whilst being very limited in some over ways. That certainly does apply to Craig: the inability to influence the flow of time in the real world does not prevent him, as a developer, of fiddling with time in the Telepath universe and being a behind-the-scenes God character.
Welcome to the forums!

bugfartboy

I'm sorry but I just have to say this:
[spoiler] That is awesome!!!! I never knew Magnilus was IN GAME!?!?! [/spoiler]
But I like the idea of having enemies that relate to ranks.