News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Malignus

Started by Zhampir, March 15, 2010, 03:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

That, I think is very sensible indeed and is sort of assumed- other explanations don't seem to be as valid.
How about an analogy with the mirror of erised (or how is it called?) in Lord of the Rings, which allows to see the present, the past and the possible futures.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

If a set person was able to see everybody possible future wouln't their head explode from the amount of futures he could see. I tink whoever Malignus is a creature from the tenth dimension, meaning that exists along a timeline were all possible futures extist and can share his transport the hero to the tenth dimension so that the hero then can coose what point in timehe wants to go to.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

I doubt it from the dialogue. He seems quite in control of himself. You know, like when you read a book, you can flick pages to and fro, except that the book has several endings. Better yet, if you ever made a side-mission and created a dialogue tree for it, it's excactly the same: you can inspect all the intricate complications and interactions of certain possibilities. You see them all, but concentrate only on few at a time, deciding to explore everything along a particular venue, etc.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

Ya tha could work but then it seem sthat Malignus is then god (because he has control of were the book goes)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

That's the little bit of fun I was alluding to earlier on in the thread about enemies and their relation to the forum ranks. ;)
Welcome to the forums!

Zhampir

well, Malignus, the creator of the game is the god of the Telepath series, as much as the Cristian god is the (according to them) creator of all existence

KZ

Exactly. I'm sure Craig had his fun when developing this easter egg.
Welcome to the forums!

Zhampir

Zackirus

Why doesn't Craig just progarm himself into the game and we could battle him

Craig Stern:

Health: 750
Speed: 4
Attacks: Programing Error (Cost 0, Range Omi, Damage 50), Revive (Cost 0, Range Self, Heals 50), Goddly Strike (Cost 0, Range 1, Damge 75

- Lord Canada

KZ

I'm sure Craig will be thrilled to find out! :P
You forgot the "I win" attack, that ends battle in his favour. ;)

Seems like Malignus is unnderstood well and thoroughly, apart from the interpretation of what happens to the Main in the Pit.
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

Quote from: KZ on March 15, 2010, 05:59:51 PM

You forgot the "I win" attack, that ends battle in his favour. ;)

I would think that the 'I win' attack would be instead a one hit KO move to anyone hit and for range..

OOOCOOO
OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO
XOOOOOO

- Lord Canada

Dayn

Back on topic, maybe Malignus could let you fight TRPG2 battles?

KZ

Again, as mentioned earlier, it would make sense for Malignus to let the player fight TSoG battles- Malignus controls time, can see it spinning back-and-forth, but he cannot place someone who at no point in normal time could've come across some enemies from another epoch- it has to be simply a point in past, present or future of the Hero in question, ie a TSoG battle.
Welcome to the forums!

MikeW781

maybe Malignus could find a way to take Duvalier and the team back to the battle between Darime (the last leader of the Resistance) and D'Kah
Like, he can take the Hero back because the Hero's destiny is intertwined with that of the other members of the fight, etc, etc
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

KZ

But Duvalier wasn't there: if he wasn't there during the battle, he cannot be there- malignus cannot change what happens in time, he only allows the Main in TRPG2 too experience encounters either from the past, present, or encounters from the most likely futures the Main has. Duvalier was not in the battle where Darim was slain, and he cannot do anything about it.
Welcome to the forums!