News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Juxtapose

Started by KZ, March 15, 2010, 04:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

Coming from this thread, I just wanted to look at the mechanics of Juxtapose. Given all the talk about how Nelis revives beings, and how the attacks work, I suggest the following to explain certain curiosities in the behavioir of the attack. Namely, the ability of Luca to place teammates or enemies on terrains that are passable to flying units only.

What I initially wrote:

"She doesn't teleport folks into a wall, as she herself cannot be over it. However, she can teleport folks over chasms, lava, etc. It would be too difficult and time consuming to code othersiwe, hence I suggest giving an explanation to the said phenomena: Luca continues to link-up to and support the unit she just juxtaposed with, such that some of here characteristics, like flying, are still partly residuent with the person she swapped places with, thus, she is more alive after juxtapose, whilst the person is more in the spirit realm, and has a few lingering properties for a short period of time."

Zhampir also added the following interesting bit:
"That... is very interesting, but couldn't that suggest that if Luca wanted(and knew how to) to she could switch her ghostly form for the form of a living person? (that would be an interesting plot twist, especially if  an odd romance was started between Luca and Duvalier before she turned human)"

To add onto that, I think that the effect is so small and so temporary, that I doubt that Luca,even with hostile intent, would be able to invade and occupy another persons body, whilst at the same time explusing the soul. I just don't think she is strong enough. There is, however, indication that a more powerful Spirit might be able to pull off such a trick: if Luca can perform juxtapose, and she can do soul suck, a powerful spirit might be able to combine the two to get into the body after it was battered and the soul is barely clinging onto it.

Thoughts, folks?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

That would be a awesome attack for a boss, it would need o be tweaked a little so that you wouldn't kill your teamate if he/she went inside her body. I would really like the ideas, now if only luca could do that :p
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Tastidian

I think Zack wants a move that can control people that should be a psy thing.

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 15, 2010, 04:52:52 PM
Namely, the ability of Luca to place teammates or enemies on terrains that are passable to flying units only.
Sounds like a bug that should be fixed

Bromtaghon

Quote from: im2smart4u on July 13, 2010, 06:03:20 PM
Quote from: KZ on March 15, 2010, 04:52:52 PM
Namely, the ability of Luca to place teammates or enemies on terrains that are passable to flying units only.
Sounds like a bug that should be fixed
CraigStern actually acknowledged this as intended during a discussion about a mission in TPA2 so it's not a bug. 
I agree with KZ's theories.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Steelfist

I think this is a very good idea - possible, if you train Luca enough, she might learn it.

I mean, if you REALLY train her.

Tastidian

To much gold. It would cost about 25k or higher to get to a level like that.

algebra15

I thought that was what the monster "Wraith" did. ???
This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!

Steelfist

PinkPanzer: Remember the RollingInIt cheat?

I just think it would be a nice touch; you don't really know how much gold you'll accumulate, after all, and you can probably start a New Game +.

Algebra15: Why does that mean Luca shouldn't be able to?